Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomecollector
    • May 2006

Mlb Tv Debuts Tonight !!

i Am Stoked ! Been Watching The Previews All Day. It Looks Like The Content Is Going To Be Awesome.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net
  • markize
    • Apr 2008

Re: Mlb Tv Debuts Tonight !!

I was watching the previews as well on 12/31. I think "studio 42" is going to be great. It will be cool to have actual players doing demos, and actually throwing pitches which will be tracked with special cameras. They gave the example of showing how Mo Rivera throws his cutter, and the cameras showing how it breaks from different angles.

Mark

Comment

• yanks12025
      • Jan 2006

Can't wait. I dont have the channel in my room but its in the other room. Now we'll have a real baseball show. Baseball tonight on ESPN was a joke, they all hated the yankees and were wrong with everything they said.

Comment

• dodgersfan
        • Nov 2005

What channel will it be on Directv?
        Thanks!

Rudy

Originally posted by thomecollector
        i Am Stoked ! Been Watching The Previews All Day. It Looks Like The Content Is Going To Be Awesome.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Go to this link and type in your zip code and it will tell you.

Comment

• Billyu40
            • Oct 2007

213 on Directv

Comment

• Mr.3000

Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.

Comment

• thomecollector
                • May 2006

It's supposed to be free. If you have cable/direct tv. It doesn't list it yet on my cable yet either. It starts to broadcast @ 6PM Eastern. Try it then.

Comment

• markize
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Mr.3000
                  Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.
                  I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by markize
                    I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark
                    It did, thank you. I just ordered the sports package. Nothing yet, but should take effect shortly.

Comment

• Mr.3000

Ok, just got off the phone..again with my my idiotic Comcast.

1st - they say it's included in the $6/mo sports package. So I order it.

Then - they say, no it's not included. SO I cancel that package.

Then - they say it costs $40 a month. But won't be available until spring '09!

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Billyu40
                        213 on Directv
                        Thanks. I am out of town now and can't wait to get back and add it to my Fav channels!!!
                        Regards,
                        Andrew Lang
                        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                        202-716-8500

Comment

• thomecollector
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr.3000
                          Ok, just got off the phone..again with my my idiotic Comcast.

1st - they say it's included in the $6/mo sports package. So I order it.

Then - they say, no it's not included. SO I cancel that package.

Then - they say it costs $40 a month. But won't be available until spring '09!

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.
                          Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by thomecollector
                            Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I spoke with them again. They now say it's included with the $6/mo package (that I had originally ordered!) but .....get this....the channel won't be available in my area until atleast spring '09.

Then they asked if I'd like to order it. lol

I'm done. I really can't tolerate people collecting paychecks just to sit there and give me wrong information. Maybe I'm wrong for expecting too much from people in today's society.

I need a nap.

lol

Comment

• jppopma
                              • Mar 2006

This should be alot of fun. Hopefully they show alot of the old games like they do on ESPN classic. I can picture us all grabbing our old jerseys and watching intently trying to match little things up.

Comment

Working...