Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Mlb Tv Debuts Tonight !!

213 on Directv

Mr.3000

Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.

It's supposed to be free. If you have cable/direct tv. It doesn't list it yet on my cable yet either. It starts to broadcast @ 6PM Eastern. Try it then.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    Do I have to have a sports package to get this channel? I have Comcast and it's 280. But I only get 278 then 290 next.
    I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    I also have comcast, and was under the impression it was part of the sports package that includes NFL, NBA, NHL, and several other sports channels. I paid $5/month for the sports package. My guide lists "hot stove" from 6-7, and classic MLB baseball with don larsens perfect game from game 5 of the 1956 world series from 7-10. Hope this helps.

Mark
    It did, thank you. I just ordered the sports package. Nothing yet, but should take effect shortly.

Mr.3000

Ok, just got off the phone..again with my my idiotic Comcast.

1st - they say it's included in the $6/mo sports package. So I order it.

Then - they say, no it's not included. SO I cancel that package.

Then - they say it costs $40 a month. But won't be available until spring '09!

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.

I am asking for MLBtv right? I want to make sure I'm not the dummy asking for the wrong thing.
    Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. But it is called the MLB Network. They might have it confused with the pay service we pay every year to watch all those out of market games. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I spoke with them again. They now say it's included with the $6/mo package (that I had originally ordered!) but .....get this....the channel won't be available in my area until atleast spring '09.

Then they asked if I'd like to order it. lol

I'm done. I really can't tolerate people collecting paychecks just to sit there and give me wrong information. Maybe I'm wrong for expecting too much from people in today's society.

I need a nap.

lol

Mr 3000,

If I may, what state are you in? Mine is only $5/month, and was part of a package that included the NFL, NHL, NBA networks plus a few others. I originally ordered the package to get NFL network. When I did I also asked about MLB network, and was told, like you, it MAY not be available right away. It is, however, working just fine now. In fact they have been previewing it for a few days now on channel 280. By the way, I live in PA. Sorry to hear they are jerking you around.

Mark

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    Mr 3000,

If I may, what state are you in? Mine is only $5/month, and was part of a package that included the NFL, NHL, NBA networks plus a few others. I originally ordered the package to get NFL network. When I did I also asked about MLB network, and was told, like you, it MAY not be available right away. It is, however, working just fine now. In fact they have been previewing it for a few days now on channel 280. By the way, I live in PA. Sorry to hear they are jerking you around.

Mark
    I'm in Va. When I go to "280" it automatically sends me to 281. No 280 even on "menu".