Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Wanted: Albert Pujols Gamer

Willing to pay top dollar for an Albert Pujols game used bat with foundation and Upper Deck provenance. MLB hologram or foundation cert alone also considered.

Re: Wanted: Albert Pujols Gamer

There's one on ebay right now with an mlb holo, but it's a pretty penny. Good luck

For a $1500 minimum bid - it's really not a bad price. If I didn't have one, I'd place a bid on it...as long as I could see the knob and photomatch it.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im not a big fan of that bat, pine tar doesnt look correct to me. I bet it has a blacked out knob or a different number on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    Im not a big fan of that bat, pine tar doesnt look correct to me. I bet it has a blacked out knob or a different number on it.
    Which is exactly why I want to see the knob - and match it to a game...
    I know it has an MLB hologram on it BUT stranger things have happened.
    Good call.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appreciate the notes. I'll be honest, my preference really is for the Pujols foundation coa/hologram, so I'll probably hold out for that and avoid eBay if I can. I sent an email to Todd Perry at the PFF and hopefully can at the very least be placed on a contact list for the next time Pujols makes game used bats available.

He added a photo of the knob, why does it look like it was cleaned and then the 5 wrote or is it just me.

Pretty extreme 5, I am not a Pujols expert but that one is a little odd. Why wasn't that photo included in the beginning?
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

The use on the bat seems really heavy, and the ball marks on the label side don't seem consistent with alberts use traits. Maybe Jeff Scott can give us his opinion.

I agree with everything that's been mentioned in this thread -- the pine tar isn't consistent with Albert, there are too many ball marks in places I wouldn't expect to see them, and the "5" on the knob is unlike any I've seen on a Pujols gamer. It's unusually large and seems to be placed strategically as if to cover up something.

My records show that Pujols did use a natural M9 in the 9/4/05 game for two of his four plate appearances (he used a black Sam Bat, also). Prior to the 9/4 game, he used the M9 11 times on 9/2 and 9/3; 17 times in mid-August; but not at all from 6/12 through 8/14. On one hand, that suggests maybe he did break an M9 on 9/4, which is why he also used Sam Bat. On the other hand, the M9 he used on 9/4 likely was used in only three games -- he favored Sam Bat the two weeks prior to 9/2. It's tough to imagine a bat could show this much use after just three games.

There's no way to say for sure without photos or video, but I'm guessing this might be a Pujols model that was used by someone else and wasn't recorded accurately by the person who collected it.