Re: OT: Who Has The Worst Looking Signature

Miguel Tejada's is pretty bad.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I go with Fernando Martinez - simply terrible.

This is a Dustin Pedroia autographed ball. The only thing recognizable is the inscription ROY 07.

This ball can pass for a Dice K signed in Japanese ball if we didn't know better!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Pedroia consistently makes the same error that many athletes do and it always irks me - that should read '07 not 07'

I owned Pedroia's 2007 World Series game used hat and he made that same mistake - at some point you would think someone would tell him the correct way to shorten the year

I like the player and the man, so it pains me to have to say it, but Danny Bautista's signature is just weird.

Funny thing is, if you give Danny a bigger surface to write on, like a batting helmet or an 8x10 photo, it gets even wilder, with more and larger swirls, squiggles, and odd lines going in all directions. This is a relatively tame example.

Manny Ramirez has to win the Award.

I don't mind if a player has bad handwriting, but it really bothers me when an ugly signature is the rest of laziness.

I have seen Breaston signed cards with his full name, but I guess he quickly realized that the card companies would still pay him if he simply initialed the cards instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For the kind of intellect that personifies Greg Maddux, you would think his autograph would be gorgeous...considering things like finesse and control defined his career.

Pound for pound, his is one of the ugliest ever...

Edgar Renteria is up there too.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    Pedroia consistently makes the same error that many athletes do and it always irks me - that should read '07 not 07'

I owned Pedroia's 2007 World Series game used hat and he made that same mistake - at some point you would think someone would tell him the correct way to shorten the year
    I honestly don't think most people know the difference. I don't remember being taught, nor would I venture that any of my peers learned either. And I am a few weeks shy of 24.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    I don't mind if a player has bad handwriting, but it really bothers me when an ugly signature is the rest of laziness.

I have seen Breaston signed cards with his full name, but I guess he quickly realized that the card companies would still pay him if he simply initialed the cards instead.
    You have to remember, talented athletes these days are coddled and become the next [insert superstar name] when they are about 16. This "success" leads them to think they are "all that" and don't even owe the fans a full autograph, or a young kid a smile in an autograph line at the local signing. Boy an experience with Hunter Pence is sure coming to mind...
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408