Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Generally how long does AMI take to pay?

I've heard all the horror stories on here. I sold a big money item with them that ended on Sept.18th, so I'm going on 3.5 months with no check in hand. I've emailed them numerous times and I get the usuall were working on them-very busy, etc. So, I'm not asking to hear the horror stories again but just went to know about how long it will probably be? Was happy with the price my jersey fetched, but thought I'd be paid before Christmas. Thanks,
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Re: Generally how long does AMI take to pay?

3.5 months who've waited!! In that time they probably had 3 different auctions. If they're so busy maybe they should have less auctions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    I've heard all the horror stories on here. I sold a big money item with them that ended on Sept.18th, so I'm going on 3.5 months with no check in hand. I've emailed them numerous times and I get the usuall were working on them-very busy, etc. So, I'm not asking to hear the horror stories again but just went to know about how long it will probably be? Was happy with the price my jersey fetched, but thought I'd be paid before Christmas. Thanks,
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Greg, wow - That seems like a really long time and you sound very patient.

Horrible payout times. I sent them a ton of items. They then split them up into 5 different auctions with payout times of 3, 4 1/2, 5 and even 6 months. I may buy from them but i will never consign to them again. They say they pay 60-90 days from auction but then tell you the winner has not paid yet or we'll ship then check next week.

Just curious what percentage of the selling price AMI takes?

Banned

Ever hear of a Ponzi scheme?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    No kidding.

I'd never consign anything without a contract with a strict payout period written in I could accept, and liquidated damages for their failure to comply.

DO NOT EVER CONSIGN WITH AMI. They take forever to pay, I had to call at lesast 4 times to ask where my money was after I saw an item I consigned on ebay listed twice and then they sent me a check they "forgot" to sign. They are by far the worst in this hobby.

Sold an item at their July 2007 auction, Heard all their excuses, after contacting them four times, I finally got a check in April 2008. I signed a contract for fifteen percent, they took twenty. Plus they charged the buyer another fifteen percent buyers premium. Eight months to get paid, Id never use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    You mean like that scheme he had about jumping a shark tank in water skis? I agree. AMI is done. They jumped the shark when they let "models" wear gamers.