Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Baseball cards.....

Are these baseball cards worth anything? They were my dads.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Baseball cards.....

they appear to be in fine shape. you have some money sittin there, assuming they are legit (tough to see from the pics). definately not junk.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Man - memories.

I always loved the '72 Topps set...In mint condition (graded) that '72 Aaron is a couple hundred on it's own.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Man - memories.

I always loved the '72 Topps set...In mint condition (graded) that '72 Aaron is a couple hundred on it's own.
    I agree but that Aaron is not mint. In any case, I agree there is some money there. The 1958 Mays, Drysdale and Cepeda (which is his rookie) are worth the most. Are you trying to sell them or just curious on the price?

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane80 View Post
    I agree but that Aaron is not mint. In any case, I agree there is some money there. The 1958 Mays, Drysdale and Cepeda (which is his rookie) are worth the most. Are you trying to sell them or just curious on the price?
    Trying to sell them. What do get some opinions on price? Wanted to know where they stood so I could see what Id get offered for them.

You need some better pics of them, but you got some nice stuff there. A nice lot of '58 Topps, some '75 and a few other years. There are also variations in the '58 set that could bring more money if you have any. Condition is the rule now in the card collecting world. The guys on the PSA board would be able to help you and I am sure someone there would give you a fair price depending on condition.

If you need any help over there, just sign up for the message board (it's free) and drop me a PM there. I have the same username there.

Steve

The 70's cards wont sell for that much, especially the 75 Aaron. The 58's will sell for the most, depending on the condition, the Mays would probably sell around the $20-$30 range.

I would definitely get them out of the sleeves though. Those are killers for cards, especially vintage.