Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Jordan Olympic Jersey-insight?

I've been asked by one of my associates about the following "game issued Jordan jersey" currently on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ies%26_fvi%3D1

$10,000 for an unused, never worn jersey? Is this the EXACT same jersey as Jordan wore?

Also, I'm not familiar with the seller.

Any insight is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Re: Jordan Olympic Jersey-insight?

hey howard! i'm no expert, but the "jordan" on the rear of the jersey doesn't look arched enough or the right size font.

hiya howard!

re: the shirt
    the NOB is incorrect. wrong arch and the "J" is way off.

what's interesting to me is that it appears to have the exact same incorrect nob as another one of the sdb23's jordan "game issues" previously discussed here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=19928

isn't it crazy that a 1991 "game issue" has the exact same incorrect nob as a 1992 olympic "game issue"? i mean, those are two completely different shirts that ought to have 2 different nobs. not only do they both have incorrect nobs, but they're incorrect in exactly the same way. offered by the same seller no less. it's almost like the same person lettered them both. would champion have really screwed up 2 "game issued" shirts from different years like this?

here's a look at sdb23's two jordan "game issued" shirts as well as the nob should look on a legit 1992 jordan olympic shirt:

some more reading about '92 jordan olympic shirts:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=8348

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=11610

it's certainly an odd scenario when a seller, who recently had boatloads of 89/90 jordan "game issued" shirts, shorts, warmups, has 2 different shirts both screwed up in the exact same way. you asked about the seller, sdb23. i've been told that sdb23 is steve berg. some may remember steve from operation foul ball in 1996. an excerpt from an old beckett article:

"Berg, who formerly operated SDB Enterprises from his home in Chicago, pled guilty to selling forged memorabilia in April of this year. His sentencing is scheduled for next week."

while googling his name, i also found this:

"The Upper Deck Company has filed civil lawsuits against a pair of convicted forgers, Robert Austin and Steve Berg. The pair had been busted in 1996 as part of the FBI's Operation Foul Ball investigation. They are now facing criminal and civil penalties as a result of their activities."

rudy.

Howard,

I used to have the GI 92 Olympic Jordan jersey just what sdb23 had but I was fortunate to have it traded for the Game Worn 92 Olympic Jordan uniforms (BLUE and WHITE) + CASH consideration. (pics attached)

I was hesitant at first to trade my GI but when I saw all the exemplars just like the one sold by REA Auctions, I was glad that I did.

I have not seen a complete BLUE uniform besides the one that MJAuthentic.com sold and the WHITE 92 Olympic Jordan jersey that REA Auctions sold in the past.

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23collectibles View Post
    Howard,

I used to have the GI 92 Olympic Jordan jersey just what sdb23 had but I was fortunate to have it traded for the Game Worn 92 Olympic Jordan uniforms (BLUE and WHITE) + CASH consideration. (pics attached)

I was hesitant at first to trade my GI but when I saw all the exemplars just like the one sold by REA Auctions, I was glad that I did.

I have not seen a complete BLUE uniform besides the one that MJAuthentic.com sold and the WHITE 92 Olympic Jordan jersey that REA Auctions sold in the past.

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles

The blue and white uniforms pictured here are worn by MJ...wow! What type of provenance came with them when you traded for them? Also, do you know how many sets MJ wore during the Olympics?

Jordan23collectibles.....I thought I recognized that username...I saw your MJ collection on the Vintage Authentics collectors website...wow!

http://communities.vintageauthentics.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=qw0y2yp85f8i&page=1

That has to be the most impressive MJ collection I have seen...are all the items game used? Congratulations on a great collection...

I apologize if I worded it game worn by Jordan in an Olympic game, I took the word of a fellow collector.
    I should have worded it "presumably worn".
    With regards to provenance, I do not have any but the jersey and shorts can be photomatched and I have the USA Basketball Dream Team Yearbook to verify the exemplars such as NOB, dual tagging, inside taggings etc.
    As to your question of how many sets did MJ wore, maybe USA basketball can answer that question.

I also saw on 23raisons website a procut 92 Jordan Olympic Jersey.

http://23raisons.free.fr/jersey.html

This exhibits the same exemplars as the GI that I had once before.

His comments on the jersey is as follows:

1992 Procut USA Dream Team Home - Champion 46 +3 extra length

This procut is not exactly like the Game Issued from the Olympics Summer Games. This jersey is a limited edition produced by Champion before the Preliminary Games for promotion ( for exemple, the photos below for the Jersey's presentation). On the game issued, the USA printed on front is smaller and the font of the name is different. But this procut is too a very rare stuff... ("extra 3" length" wash tag on the inside tail of the jersey) a "must have" in my collection...

Any thoughts this one?

Jordan23Collectibles?

http://www.vintageauthentics.com/cgi...unbr=103482255

Beantown,
    My Olympic 92 are complete with shorts.
    The Vintage authentics are not mine.
    Regards,
    Jordan23Collectibles