Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove the hologram?

Hey all,

I just purchased a locker room nameplate that came with a MLB hologram and a Steiner hologram plus the Steiner paperwork. The problem is that both holograms are on front. I don't really need 2 holograms on front, I think it takes away from it.

I was thinking of removing the Steiner hologram and just leaving the MLB one on there. Maybe take a pic of the nameplate before I remove it just to prove it was once on there. I just think it clutters it up too much.

What do you all think? Take it off or leave it as is? Any and all opinions are apprecaited.

Re: Remove the hologram?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedw9 View Post
    Hey all,

I just purchased a locker room nameplate that came with a MLB hologram and a Steiner hologram plus the Steiner paperwork. The problem is that both holograms are on front. I don't really need 2 holograms on front, I think it takes away from it.

I was thinking of removing the Steiner hologram and just leaving the MLB one on there. Maybe take a pic of the nameplate before I remove it just to prove it was once on there. I just think it clutters it up too much.

What do you all think? Take it off or leave it as is? Any and all opinions are apprecaited.
    I'd leave it personally

Got a pic of it?

Here are a couple of pics.

Leave em on

Is it something you would ever sell or plan on keeping for good?

If you do take one off, I would go with the steiner one, and try and tape it on the back just to have it still attached.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Is it something you would ever sell or plan on keeping for good?

If you do take one off, I would go with the steiner one, and try and tape it on the back just to have it still attached.
    I plan on keeping it. I collect Red Sox g/u items and this is staying with me.

Your suggestion is a good one, I had not thought of putting it on back with tape.

I bought a 2006 World Series ball that was signed by six Detroit Tigers and had MLB authentication and little known companies hologram on it. It really cluttered the ball and I planned to get additional players to sign it. I decided to take the extra hologram off and leave the MLB.

I am still happy with my decision to take it off. However, I will warn you, most of these holograms are made to deconstruct if you try to remove it, so you will probably not be able to keep the Steiner hologram intact...

This is what i would do but remember im a yankee fan. I would take the mlb and steiner holograms off and then throw the Papelbum plate in the trash where he belongs.

But for real i would at least keep the mlb hologram on it and put the steiner one on the letter or on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I bought a 2006 World Series ball that was signed by six Detroit Tigers and had MLB authentication and little known companies hologram on it. It really cluttered the ball and I planned to get additional players to sign it. I decided to take the extra hologram off and leave the MLB.

I am still happy with my decision to take it off. However, I will warn you, most of these holograms are made to deconstruct if you try to remove it, so you will probably not be able to keep the Steiner hologram intact...
    I have one of those tiger balls too, did removing the 'elite' hologram leave a mark on the baseball??