Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Players damaging their items....

I have gotten several game used items from Doug (worker from the Cell) and everything Ive gotten has been damage. I know its not Doug. He has gotten me some pretty good items.

I had AJ Pierzynski's chest protector and AJ cut the top lining off that had his initials on it. I also had his leg guards where they were damaged. The ankle protectors were cut, the 12 was scratched off, and the knee area was cut off from the leg guard.

Why do players do this to their old equipment? It is about money?

Re: Players damaging their items....

it doesnt surprise me that AJ does this stuff. He is the scum of baseball. I dont think i dislike anymore in any professional or college sport more than i dislike AJ. He needs to take his bleeched blonde spikes and his cry baby attitude and get out of baseball before he poisons it even more with his bush league tricks.

The sad part of it is, he has decent numbers. So unfortunately he will be around for a while longer. Then when he quits he can have a spot on the jim rome show 4 times a week because Jim loves the guy.

ok thats the end of my rant, sorry for that.

And yes players do this stuff just to makre sure its tough for someone to later make a buck off thier stuff. Thats why Prince Fielder destroyed alot of his 2 tone LVS bats when he finished using them.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well thanks for bashing my favorite player! No hard feelings. AJ is very hated, I know that. That has me like him even more.

Not everyone wants to make a buck off their items.

Would you keep something that was damaged from the player where it had things missing off the item?

Quote Originally Posted by zookerman182 View Post
    Thats why Prince Fielder destroyed alot of his 2 tone LVS bats when he finished using them.
    just wondering why woulf prince do that? for what reason. and i have a 2 tone lvs bat so does it make it worth more or "better" because he destroyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsr View Post
    just wondering why woulf prince do that? for what reason. and i have a 2 tone lvs bat so does it make it worth more or "better" because he destroyed them.
    I dont think it makes the bat worth more or even better. Its just a fun fact to know about those particular Prince bats. I used to own one myself that was uncracked. He is very cautious about people making money from his game used stuff.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by grenda12 View Post
    I have gotten several game used items from Doug (worker from the Cell) and everything Ive gotten has been damage. I know its not Doug. He has gotten me some pretty good items.

I had AJ Pierzynski's chest protector and AJ cut the top lining off that had his initials on it. I also had his leg guards where they were damaged. The ankle protectors were cut, the 12 was scratched off, and the knee area was cut off from the leg guard.

Why do players do this to their old equipment? It is about money?
    Probably to prevent people like you from coming here and selling the stuff. You're getting free game used stuff from someone at the Cell (dumb move to give the guy's name out too), so why are you complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by brian26 View Post
    Probably to prevent people like you from coming here and selling the stuff. You're getting free game used stuff from someone at the Cell (dumb move to give the guy's name out too), so why are you complaining?
    When did she (I'm assuming by your userid you're female) ever say she got the stuff for free? And who's to assume that her goal was to make a quick buck?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by brian26 View Post
    1.) NOT FREE! I paid for it.
    2.) Im not trying make anymore money off the item then what I bought it for. 3.) For the posts Ive read, people wonder who your getting the things from or who the "bat boy" is, I gave his first name - not dumb!
    4.) Wasnt complaining was just asking a question.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    When did she (I'm assuming by your userid you're female) ever say she got the stuff for free? And who's to assume that her goal was to make a quick buck?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by grenda12 View Post
    Every indication from this original post is that "Doug", who works for the Sox in some capacity, is "getting" things for Grenda for free behind the scenes. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted the wording.

I know the Sox have semi-annual garage sales in January and May where they sell game used merchadise (in which the proceeds go to charity), so if Grenda is getting something behind the scenes, its not in an official capacity (whereas it is available to the general public for a price). If she is indeed paying Doug, then the money is going into Doug's pocket without the knowledge of the White Sox (not cool).

The way she wrote it (he's "getting" things for her) was in a way to imply she wasn't purchasing it. If she's not purchasing it, shame on both of them. If she is purchasing it, shame on Doug for cheating the Sox out of money that goes to White Sox charities.

Beyond all of that, if AJ really is her favorite player, why is she so worried if his number is scratched off the pads as long as she knows its from him. Maybe Grenda wouldn't sell the stuff, but there are enough greedy sports collectors out there that would sell them in a second (especially when Sox workers are swiping the stuff behind the scenes to distribute to other people and make a buck off of (as Doug is)).

I happen to know how things work there because I've spoken with Christine Makowski and Dale Walkington about various items at the Garage Sales. It's a very tightly run operation and catcher's equipment just doesn't disappear behind the scenes.