Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wanted All Jim Thome items

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Thethrill i find it interesteing you still ignore the fact you still owe Chris money. At this point in my personal opinion and most likely in the future will not take the chance of making a purchase from Thethrill

Eric,

Why don't you start banning members who rip off other forum members?? One of the goals of the forum is to educate and warn so we don't get ripped off by others. If members of the forum are doing this to each other I think banishment is the only alternative because you are letting the wolves into the sheep pasture.

-David

Banned

metsbats I agree with you on that!!!

I have received some emails from Golem where he stated he would try to contact the guy he owes money to. I came very close to doing a deal with him on a Thome bat. Appreciate the subject being brought up here on the forum. I emailed Golem and told him I would not do a deal with him until Chris had been paid back...

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats
    Eric,

Why don't you start banning members who rip off other forum members?? One of the goals of the forum is to educate and warn so we don't get ripped off by others. If members of the forum are doing this to each other I think banishment is the only alternative because you are letting the wolves into the sheep pasture.

-David
    Hello David,

Speaking as a member of the forum, and one who was directly affected in this situation, I think there are many challenges to what you are proposing. Specifically, the purpose of my earlier post was to simply let members know of my personal dealings with another member of the site who was seeking to consummate deals with other members. I also tried to make it clear that my personal dealings may not necessarily be representative of other dealings this individual has had with other people or his business practices in general. I was offering it as information for others to use when considering whether or not they wanted to enter into any type of transaction. That is personally the role I think the forum should serve. Among other things, I think the forum is a place where members can become more informed about the items they are seeking to purchase as well as the entities involved with selling them. Without getting into all the details, let me simply say I think the idea of banning members without some form of adjudicative process (which would be very difficult to execute) would be, in my opinion, an inappropriate use of the forum's power.

That being said, I also wanted to let members to know that I recently received an email from Mr. Golem where he has offered to make good on our previous business dealings. Once again, I can only speak regarding my personal situation with him but I thought it was admirable of him to make the offer. While it is, as of now, still an offer, I wanted to let members know of that fact. I will also let members know if (and when) full restitution is made since that may impact their opinions of this member's business practices.

I am happy to answer any questions but I wanted to offer those thoughts and information as one directly involved with the situation.

Sincerely,
    Chris

I too was ripped off by Ken Golum on Ebay item 8741769950 back in Dec 2005 as he was selling under seller ID KOSAR2579 but has since been kicked off Ebay. I purchased ,on a buy it now, an auto'd Travis Haffner game used bat. Having dealt with Ken before I felt ok with the deal. He provided a phony tracking number that the Post office had no record of and was no help in locating the bat or its location. After fighting with ken for a couple weeks I reported him to both Ebay and Paypal. I received a portion of my money back. I was warned by a forum member who bought a bat from me about Ken Golum and a similar incident he had. Don't deal with Ken or if you do use VISA!!! Thanks Ken welcome here as I have been looking for you!!!! Where is my MONEY!!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1
    I too was ripped off by Ken Golum on Ebay item 8741769950 back in Dec 2005 as he was selling under seller ID KOSAR2579 but has since been kicked off Ebay. I purchased ,on a buy it now, an auto'd Travis Haffner game used bat. Having dealt with Ken before I felt ok with the deal. He provided a phony tracking number that the Post office had no record of and was no help in locating the bat or its location. After fighting with ken for a couple weeks I reported him to both Ebay and Paypal. I received a portion of my money back. I was warned by a forum member who bought a bat from me about Ken Golum and a similar incident he had. Don't deal with Ken or if you do use VISA!!! Thanks Ken welcome here as I have been looking for you!!!! Where is my MONEY!!
    Brian
    I rest my case. There are wolves in sheeps clothing in here!

I too have had a horrible experience with ken golum. I won a G Sizemore gu bat on ebay(8736068356 ended Dec 10 ebay id kosar2579), paid for it through Paypal and never received the item. I emailed him numerous times and was basically given the runaround. At first he claimed the item was shipped, after a while I requested the deliv. confirmation, the deliv. confirmation was at his work, then it was lost, then he offered different items. A complaint was filed through Paypal and I was reimbursed all but $25. I wouldn't chance a deal with him. Shady....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats
    I rest my case. There are wolves in sheeps clothing in here!
    I don't get what that means...I assume it is not nice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1
    Brian
    you got it all back i thought and have not heard from you what do i owe you ill send it to you tommorow is it like 20 bucks or something like that im not sure email me at thethrill23@hotmail.com ill resolve it ken

Banned

also to everyone i have taken care off any and all problems ive had with everyone. nobody is posting the hundreds of perfect transactions ive had just a few bad that have been fixed stop the bashing im sure everyone of you has had a less then perfect transaction too. i fix the problems