From my experiences, I trust no one except when I get the autograph myself. Old school authentication is having a picture with the person who signed the stuff AND a picture or two of that person holding onto the item he signed.

You need this just in case you want to SELL your item with hope that you will make some extra bucks for your time and effort.

Now moving to the present, I can rank the following authenticated company as follow:

1. PSADNA - top of the line but take too long to get your items back. Sometimes I sent them stuff to be graded and I completely forgot about them until I get a package three months later. If PSADNA can have a quicker turn around without costing an arm and a leg, I know more collectors will send in their stuff.

2. Steiner - I like their stuff but the pricing can be a little better. Because of Steiner, you will NEVER ever see a YANKEES FANFEST so this forum members can fight over the stuff they get. I like Steiner better also when they have shows when you can meet your favorite athletes in person and have your items authenticated on the spot - which is every collector dream!

3. Beckett - same as PSADNA but a little less expensive.

4. JSA - I like them since it run by a former member of PSA but I really really dont like the GENERIC certificate. It's just too simple in my eyes. Full certificates are very nice to look at and it's do-able but again, if you are going to spend a decent amount of money to have your item verified - you might as well go with the best out there.

5. Dont trust GAI because some of the stuff they authenticated - I was like are you serious? Maybe Jeter signature looked like that when he was drunk and just got out of accident .... come on!