Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LeBron James game worn 2007 Playoff shoes?

Hello, Forum Readers -

Do folks have thoughts on the following? Not much to work with in terms of photo-matching, but any insights and help would be much appreciated. Thank you...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290287387790
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: LeBron James game worn 2007 Playoff shoes?

The guy "Cobra" that wrote the letter addressed it to LeBron which is strange.

UDA had similar shoes that were un-worn and auto'd.

Name:  1b24_1.JPG
Views: 2930
Size:  10.0 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

That is what I saw. Why would the LOA be addressed to Lebron? Would he not know when he wore the shoes? If you are looking for a pair of Lebron worn shoes, I've got a pair that have been autographed and come with a UDA LOA.

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    That is what I saw. Why would the LOA be addressed to Lebron? Would he not know when he wore the shoes? If you are looking for a pair of Lebron worn shoes, I've got a pair that have been autographed and come with a UDA LOA.
    Hello, Please send detailed photos and information to rgf2@hotmail.com. If you have photos of him wearing the shoes in a game(s), please include them. Thank you. I'm always looking for Lebron and Kobe game used/worn items. Thanks.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I'll have the info and pics to you when I get home at the end of the week.

Reid - I sold these cool LeBron's (unused) on eBay a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200289003050
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Any more opinions on these? The letter sure is weird.

The shoes on ebay were indeed Lebron's personal game worn pair, his personal pairs had that little bit of crimson/wine color on them where it says LRG around the ankle area and at the side where the L23 logo is a little red. You could not buy that shoe at a store because that exact color was not sold. Below is the released version notice no red color on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach13g View Post

The shoes on ebay were indeed Lebron's personal game worn pair, his personal pairs had that little bit of crimson/wine color on them where it says LRG around the ankle area and at the side where the L23 logo is a little red. You could not buy that shoe at a store because that exact color was not sold. Below is the released version notice no red color on them.

Zach13g -
    Thanks for these photos. They certainly support a style-match. I don't doubt that these are Lebron game issues, but more whether they were worn by LBJ in the playoffs as advertised.

I see this is your first post in GUU. Welcome aboard. Do you mind me asking if you are the seller of these shoes, or if you are associated with the seller in any way?

Again, many thanks for your post and knowledge.

to answer a few of your questions, no I am not the seller nor do I know the seller.

I am collector of rare,sample, PE (player exclusive) and game worn shoes. I am a active test employee with Nike out of Oregon in their basketball footwear program. So basically I get to see and wear new Nike shoes years before the come out and I've been in the shoe game for over 10 years.

ok back to the shoes in question I am 100% sure they are game worn and worn in the playoffs.

1st) They have the date written on behind the tongue 5/8 this is done to Lebron's shoes after the game that's if he doesn't give them away right away to fans after the game, if the shoes make to the locker the team equipment manager hand writes the date on both shoes next to the size tag. Cross reference Lebron & 5/8/2007 on http://www.gettyimages.com and Lebron is wearing them in that game.

2nd) the insoles are missing, another dead giveaway their game worn, Lebron along with many other NBA players have special insoles made for in game use, because these insoles are re-used the players or equipment managers take them out of the shoes after the game, Lebron has actually removed his special insoles on the court after the game he then hands the shoes off to a lucky fan and he walks off barefoot.

and thanks for the welcome, I stumbled on via google and seen this post, glad I can help.

if you or anyone has any shoe related questions, i'm all ears, I mainly deal in Basketball footwear but I know almost everything if it has to do with NIKE/Jordan brand.

Zach
    Zach13g@hotmail.com