Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Travis Hafner Bat Opinion Needed

Just wondering if this looks authentic and game-used to you guys. All opinions and insight both welcomed and appreciated. thanks, Ricardo

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Travis-Hafn...1%7C240%3A1318

Re: Travis Hafner Bat Opinion Needed

It does to me. I just went through Getty images and he is using the same style of bat throughout most of 2006.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

I don't think that it is real because most sam bats are engraved with the demensions, and this one is written with sharpie. Manny G

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    I don't think that it is real because most sam bats are engraved with the demensions, and this one is written with sharpie. Manny G
    Uh, Manny I don't know what you're talking about, all Sam Bats have the dimensions written in ink on the top of the barrel.... Could you post a pic of the Sam bat[s] you have or have seen that have this attribute??

None of my SAM bats have engraved cups. All are hand written.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

This Hafner Sam looks good to me as well and typical of several Hafner Sam gamers I've seen. My Hafner Sam gamer has a shallow cup in the end with the typical Sam detail in black marker as this one. From what I've noticed Hafner uses a decent but not sloppy amount of pine tar with a good coating near the center brand and lace impressions are usually pretty prominent on the right side of the barrel (except for the past two seasons when he hasn't hit much of ANYTHING!).

I'm also only familiar with the detail on the end of Sam bats being written in black marker and have never seen them engraved.

Thanks for the input