Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Angry AROD Game Used Home Run Bat with No Evidence of Use

I have an AROD game used home run blond Old Hickory baseball bat autographed by AROD with an inscription "HR 38, 39; 8-28-03", and an LOA from AROD stating the same. The bat is from Authentic Sports Investments (ASI).

I could not find any ball marks on the bat, so I shipped it to PSA/DNA for autograph and game used examination and authenticatioin. They authenticated the autograph, however, they stated that there is No Evidence of Game Use.

Do you think this was a mistake made by AROD and ASI, or do you think I have been scammed?

Do you know of other questionable AROD game used bats, or other equipment?

What would you do to resolve this issue?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Cliff

Re: AROD Game Used Home Run Bat with No Evidence of Use

Sorry to hear about your situation! Does the inscription match his signature or does it appear to be different writing?

Please post pics!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I think Tony may know of another questionable Arod homerun bat....

I do have encouraging news, on August 24,2003 Arod is pictured using a blond Old Hickory. Source, www.gettyimages.com . Also on September 23,2003 he is pictured holding a piece of a broken blond bat.

So there is evidence of Arod using a blond Old Hickory bat in games. In July of 2003 he is pictured using his familiar Black Louisville Slugger.

Now whether or not your bat was used to hit the two home runs with remains to be proven. Please post pics so the forum can assist....

Name:  arod.aug24,2003.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  arod.aug24,2003.2jpg.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  arod.sept23,2003.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  38.7 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

ASI......ESM.......Scot Monette and his elfs......

Eesch!!!

If I were you, I would do anything and everything to try and contact MVP marketing since they appear to be the exclusive marketer of A-Rods stuff today. I would ask them if they would be so kind as to allow you to send the bat AND letter to A-Rod and request he review the items for authenticity. That may be a task in itself...

If you are lucky enough to get that far, ANY feedback from A-Rod could help you....and this is a HUGE longshot, but he may even remember signing it, as it is a multi-homer bat, and those are rare from what I have seen offered by him.

That said, I understand A-Rod would certainly not know if that were the exact bat he hit those home runs with, but he may be able to at least verify that the bat was used by him (or, in this case, NOT used by him), and he may give some feedback on the COA that he supposedly signed that came with it.

The more I read about the ASI items, the more I cringe. I feel for you. There are just so many red flags about stuff that came from them in the past.....

Good luck.

Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    If I were you, I would do anything and everything to try and contact MVP marketing since they appear to be the exclusive marketer of A-Rods stuff today. I would ask them if they would be so kind as to allow you to send the bat AND letter to A-Rod and request he review the items for authenticity. That may be a task in itself...
    Good luck. I would doubt that A-Rod would care a whole lot about whether or not his items are authentic. If he signed the bat and inscription in the first place, why would he double-check the authenticity years later? I know we aren't talking about gloves, but A-Rod's name came up in discussion with Denny Esken today, and Esken said that he's the kind of player who plays catch with a glove, fields a few balls with it, and then calls it game-used, just to get an extra buck. I doubt is any different with A-Rod bats. He'll use one, hit a couple of homers with it, and off it'll go to be sold to the unsuspecting collector.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Dan,

Who is Tony, and how can I get in touch with him?

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by d4cliff View Post
    Dan,

Who is Tony, and how can I get in touch with him?

Cliff
    Tony is 3arod13 on this board, and you can search posts by user. He's the guy who has a so-called A-Rod HR bat with quesrtionable authenticity. I think there have been a couple of threads on the topic. Good luck.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by d4cliff View Post
    I have an AROD game used home run blond Old Hickory baseball bat autographed by AROD with an inscription "HR 38, 39; 8-28-03", and an LOA from AROD stating the same. The bat is from Authentic Sports Investments (ASI).

I could not find any ball marks on the bat, so I shipped it to PSA/DNA for autograph and game used examination and authenticatioin. They authenticated the autograph, however, they stated that there is No Evidence of Game Use.

Do you think this was a mistake made by AROD and ASI, or do you think I have been scammed?

Do you know of other questionable AROD game used bats, or other equipment?

What would you do to resolve this issue?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Cliff
    Cliff,

I was interested in these Arod Old Hickory HR bats from ASI in 2003 and I had ASI e-mail me pics of the bats they had available (see below, the first 6 pics were first sent to me in October, 2003)

After I looked them over and inquired about prices one of the guys at ASI mentioned that the dates Arod signed were wrong and they were going to get Arod to re-sign the dates on the bats, he sent me the following 5 pics after Arod re-signed the bats.

If you look at the pics you can see your bat HR #38,39 8-28-03 and their is another signed HR #38 dated 8-21-03, two bats with HR #38, that's proof that Arod and ASI made a mistake and you should be due back a refund. I hope this helps you get your money back.

Also when did you purchase the bat from ASI?

Thanks,Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images