Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Junk Game Used

Re: Junk Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    About a 2k differential. You can typically work out a better deal if you pay cash.
    So they don't have to report for tax purposes?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Looking at Ebay on MVP Marketing offerings:

The HR passing Mickey Mantle goes for 15K or bo
    The HR passing Schmidt goes for 12.5 K or bo
    2 Non-Milestone HR goes for 8.5 K or bo
    GU bat used in final series 6 K or obo
    GU bat with “House Ruth Built” inscription 4K obo

These all offered by MVP Marketing, which deals most of ARod’s stuff.

So looks like Milestones bats were priced an additional 4-5K over a regular HR bat.

The HR passing Mantle is actually for RBI's, not HR's. That bat AROD wanted 25k or so. No one thought they could sell the bat with any type of mark up, so Arod has kept that one from the last thing I was told.

My own preference was to aquire a bat from a Yankee win @ Yankee Stadium.

I agree that all those inscriptions "House Ruth Built", "Madonna Loves Me" , "Boros Rocks" etc. are a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I looked for you as well. Didn't find what I was looking for, but I was struck by how many game-used and "limited edition" autographed items there were from mvpmarketingmanagement and mannyramirezauthentic. I love the ones where it says "Yankee for Life".

I respect A-Rod for his talent (I got to watching him growing up here in Seattle), but the every HR bats seems like it takes the concept of game-used too far. Is there really the demand out there for A-Rod's items that mvpmarketingmanagement needs to have 113 autographed "Yankee for Life" authentic jerseys?
    I think it is great what mvpmarketingmanagement and mannyramirezauthentic bring to the hobby. It brings opportunity for collectors at different income levels to get a part of history. It offers super high end stuff and offers something nice like these limited edition jerseys. i think there are at least 113 welloff parents out there willing to buys for that limited jersey as a birthday or christmas gift for their son. I have seen a couple of parents buy a game used bat for their sons a game used bat for their upcoming birthday at the Nationals so I know they are out there. There will always be a demand for high end stuff like Milestone HR bats because for such items the market extends past the ordinary demographics of serious hobbiest like people in our forum to
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

So they don't have to report for tax purposes?

You avoid the 3% from the credit card company......and other benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    I'm glad you remembered my HR ball. lol....

I forgot to mention, along with that #522 bat I purchased. It took me several months to deal with Steiner to get the damn lineup card for that game on 4/16/08. They wanted 2k, then $1,500, then $1,000. Finally they put it in their auction and I paid $700.
    were you the only bidder?

very kewl to have a lineup card to go with the passes Ted Williams and Willie McCovey Homerun bat. I wish I was rolling like you.

i hope the Steiner lineup cards prices go back to normal next year. There was a jump of $500 for lineup cards and game baseballs by Steiner. I got a nice historical one from 2 seasons ago.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    were you the only bidder?

very kewl to have a lineup card to go with the passes Ted Williams and Willie McCovey Homerun bat. I wish I was rolling like you.

i hope the Steiner lineup cards prices go back to normal next year. There was a jump of $500 for lineup cards and game baseballs by Steiner. I got a nice historical one from 2 seasons ago.

Thank God I was the only bidder, I was already tapped out and couldn't afford much more. I actually got the idea from Tony. I was looking at post from the past few years and he purchased a lineup for of his Arod HR bats.

Sweet, you sound like you have a nice collection!
    Email sent..........
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Email sent..........
    Wow - I have to say, I was really impressed with that collection. I especially loved the first baseman's gloves. You should post the pictures of the gloves here, because that will give collectors an idea of what true game-used is. Those 1B gloves put my Bagwell game-ready glove to shame!

Enjoy your collection!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Too much wear/use becomes uncollectable

Some collector like that super clean game issued jersey in their collection.
    Then are some who like as much use as possible on a bat and jersey.

Is there a point where too much use or wear on a game used item becomes uncollectable or an eyesore to your collection.
    For example,
    Would a cracked bat make it into your collection?
    Would a shattered bat make it into your collection?
    Would a shredded football jersey have a chance in your collection?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Re: Too much wear/use becomes uncollectable

Blood, Mud, and Patina!!! That is where its at. I would be happy to put a destroyed jersey in my collection. It adds to the value, IMO, in the case of football jerseys - easy photo matches, essence of the game, etc....

MOST DEFINITELY!