Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Junk Game Used

Hybrid View

Re: Junk Game Used

Actually, I think a game ready glove is a bit better than a bat. The glove at least was probably broken in a bit and it's game used conterpart would be pretty expensive... A significant premium added to a bat that may have had some tar smeared on it or the number added to the knob in sharpie just seems of little interest to me.

I think it also just depends on the collector. If the glove you have is a Bagwell one and you pretty much exclusively collect his items, I can see where any level of his items has value to you.

Re: Junk Game Used

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Actually, I think a game ready glove is a bit better than a bat. The glove at least was probably broken in a bit and it's game used conterpart would be pretty expensive... A significant premium added to a bat that may have had some tar smeared on it or the number added to the knob in sharpie just seems of little interest to me.

I think it also just depends on the collector. If the glove you have is a Bagwell one and you pretty much exclusively collect his items, I can see where any level of his items has value to you.
    Yeah, that's the thing. I was told by a couple of people that there hasn't been a legit Bagwell glove on the market. So, when I had the opportunity to purchase a "game-ready" glove, I jumped on the opportunity. Since Bagwell was my childhood idol, and I don't have a regular source of income, I decided to stick to just his game-used items.

Though I do have a Biggio game-used ball, a Dotel minor league bat, and an Eduardo Perez cracked bat. I have several autographed items, from Lance Berkman, Felix Hernandez, Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, etc. So my autographed collection is not nearly as limited.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408