Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about ESM Item on ebay

This glove is on ebay and the LOA states that Peralta used it during the entire 2005 season. I checked out Getty images and cannot find a photo of him using it once, during any season. ESM might be able to get by with this if they said he used it for some of the season but not the entire season, I wonder if this is a case of the athlete making a mistake or ESM, I dont know if Peralta would sign a LOA before the type was added. Here is the EBAY link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Russell

Banned

Re: Question about ESM Item on ebay

I found one pic on Getty of him using a Black Glove that was in 2004 and I dont know if its this one.

What did ESM say when you emailed them about this?
    Eric

Re: Questionable ESM Item on ebay

I never e-mailed them, is that a rule I have to do to post something? I am not claiming it is not real, but it certainly was not used throughout the entire 2005 season.
    Russell
    zepplin_1@msn.com

It is the COA that said that Jhonny used the glove the entire season. In the auction description it states, "Peralta used this fielders glove during the 2005 season" and the auction description does somewhat contradict the LOA portion of "entire season". Hopefully ESM will follow-up with a clarification as an error appears to have been made on the LOA.

I don't know if this is the case here, but this happens from time-to-time with these date specific items that can later be photomatched and proved questionable. Before you travel to meet the player to pick up his gear he wants to sell, you get his inventory list. You create the LOA's in advance, and you meet the player and sign everything. They you take everything back to your shop to see what you really have.

In this case Jhonny attest's to the glove worn the entire season on the LOA, and shares in part of the blame. On the LOA, the word "entire" should be changed.

I will email this link to ESM also.

Quote Originally Posted by STLWSB
    I never e-mailed them, is that a rule I have to do to post something? I am not claiming it is not real, but it certainly was not used throughout the entire 2005 season.
    Russell
    zepplin_1@msn.com
    It is a rule if you're are posting about something being questionable. I changed the title of your thread from your original "Questionable ESM item on ebay" to read "Question about ESM item on ebay" which is more on target with what you're asking. It might seem like a subtle difference, but it's an important thing to recognize. It's fair to ask questions about something, it's unfair to call something questionable if you haven't contacted the seller with your questions.

FYI if you are going to call something fake or even questionable, please see
    Rule #16
    In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, it is expected that the poster clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, it is expected that the poster questioning an item will attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item.

Sorry about not e-mailing ESM first, today they wrote me this e-mail, I also asked them another question but will wait 24 hours for a response to post it. From what I make out of this, Peralta is to blame for the entire 2005 season statement on the LOA, however I think that ESM has responsibility for the items they sell. I stand by my statement that this is not used during the entire 2005 season as suggested on the LOA.

----- Original Message -----
    To: zepplin_1@msn.com
    Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:25 AM
    Subject: Glove

Dear Sir,

We would never write anything on a LOA that is not exactly stated to us by the athlete.

The way Peralta described the glove is the way we wrote it in the LOA.

We also would appreciate you contacting us before you make a negative comment about us or our product.

We go extra lengths to make sure the consumer gets legitimate items ie., LOA, getting game used insciption, and having photographer at signing to shoot

each item on LOA.

Thank You

ESM President

Scot Monette

Thanks for contacting the seller. It's the best and most responsible way for things to work around here.
    Eric

Banned

ESM has ALWAYS had questionable items in my mind. Most important is the inscriptions on some of their bats. They have a Ricky Gutierrez game used Houston Astros bat on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ricky-Gutierrez-...QQcmdZViewItem

The bat is stated to have been used in the 1999 NLCS by Ricky and is even signed with the insription, " Game Used 1999 NLCS vs. Atlanta".

The problem is that the Astros WERE NOT in the NLCS in 1999. They played the Braves during the NLDS that year, and were swept out of the playoffs in 3 games.

You expect me to believe that Ricky forgot that he didn't play in the NLCS that year. Give me a break!

What was the response when you pointed this out to ESM? (FYI- Small point, but they actually lost the NLDS 3 games to 1) You have a valid question- it should just be posed to them first.
    Eric