Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collecting idea

Collecting idea

I was recently thinking of something to start collecting in regards to game used items. I was thinking of of collecting sure fire HOFers before the prices get way out of hand. I have a Manny bat coming soon so thats one down. I know Arod,Jeter,Pujols are definites for the hall. What are your thoughts on Pudge,Thomas, Thome, Chipper, Vlad with taking in in the steriods scandal and everything that went down do you think these guys will be going? Any other guys playing right now that you think are worth collecting taking the HOF fact into consideration?

thanks
    Mike
    Raidersin04@yahoo.com
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Looking to get some prices on a Biggio gamer as well as where I can obtain one?

Re: Collecting idea

I think Thomas, Thome will get in. Chipper I think needs to do a little more. The reason why I say that is if he stays healthy. Plus, his bats arent that cheap as it is. Vlad better step it up.

Griffey Jr, can't forget JUNIOR!

Out of the guys you mentioned without really looking at the stats I would say Chipper, Pudge and Thomas look like locks. I image Vlad will get in if he plays a few more years, and Thome will have the home run numbers to get in probably. Thome does not excite me as much, but that is just my opinion.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by gameu08 View Post
    I know Arod,Jeter,Pujols are definites for the hall.

thanks
    Mike
    Raidersin04@yahoo.com
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Looking to get some prices on a Biggio gamer as well as where I can obtain one?
    There aren't definites any more. Go back 10 years and who would have thought that Clemens, McGwire and Bonds wouldn't be locks for the HOF.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I dont think Pudge is a real HOF'er, but they go by whole statistics, as well as for that position. So for a catcher, I guess Pudge will go in. For a steriod user I suppose.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Chipper is a definite HOFer? I know, you can make a really nice case, but if you have to make a really nice case, can he be considered a "lock"??

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I dont think he is a lock quite yet. Great player when he was healthy, but he needs to show me a few more years to get in. If we put him in, we probably should throw in Dawson and McGriff while we're at it.

The only things in my collection that relate to a "lock" future HOF member, are my Randy Johnson items - six bats and a fielder's glove. I admire guys like Pudge and Chipper, but don't have any strong desire to collect their stuff. A good portion of my collection consists of items (mostly bats and some jerseys) from guys who've only been in the Majors for a few years, so only time will tell. Brandon Webb? Carlos Quentin? I'd sure like to think so; ask me again in ten years.

Since somebody brought up Bonds, I sense that the concensus here is pretty much that he will only ever see the Hall as a visitor...whereas on most forums, predictions are a bit more mixed. Does anyone still think that there's a good chance (or any chance at all) that Bonds could ever be voted in?

Don't worry Bonds will get in no doubt! The guy was a sure fire Hall of Famer before 1999. The guy was more than 1 dimensional than McGwire. He was a Gold Glove fielder, over 500+ stolen bases, 40/40, Multiple MVP's. He was simply the best in the game before and after any steroid discussion. The guy was player of the decade in the 90's. Even post 1999 compare him to his peers that were on the "juice" pitchers as well as hitters and he was still the best in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Does anyone still think that there's a good chance (or any chance at all) that Bonds could ever be voted in?
    I think he's 50/50 right now and it all depends on how his perjury trial goes later on this year. Although HOF voting has proven with McGwire that it will take into account the presumpion of guilt (in the public eye). Even if Bonds is cleared of perjury charges sportswriters might still feel that he cheated regardless and not vote for him based on the evidence that they feel has already been established. Plus he didn't have the most charming personality so that works against him too.

I'm just happy that Rickey is going in this year and I can't wait to hear his induction speech!!