Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Paul Molitor signing today

Just like everyone else has stated, Molitor is a a very classy guy. One of the most famous players to have ever played for the Burlington Bees he came back to Burlington to do an autograph signing when I was just a little kid. Although it was many years ago I still remember Paul being very friendly and actually willing to chat with the fans. Great player and great guy.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

My wife Linda grew up in Wisconsin and Paul Molitor was her hero.
    When he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame we were there, she wearing his game worn Brewers and me his game worn Blue Jays.
    There is a common thread of class and decency when it comes to discussing Paul Molitor, it all applies.
    He remains one of our all time favorites, heck, we even named one of the cats after him!
    Larry Pelliccioni

feel Good Story, To Say The Least. Opposite Of Guys Like Albert Belle, Etc. I Still Remember The Day Albert Yelled At Me For Stepping On The Dugout To Reach For A Ball He Signed... What A Guy.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    feel Good Story, To Say The Least. Opposite Of Guys Like Albert Belle, Etc. I Still Remember The Day Albert Yelled At Me For Stepping On The Dugout To Reach For A Ball He Signed... What A Guy.
    Sounds like Belle really knew how to treat the fans . Skyking, you ever met Dunn? Seems like a big friendly guy who is ready to fire jokes right back at the fans in my one experience with him. Still waiting on the big guy to sign somewhere.

never met him. i know he scored rave reviews at a signing in az last fall. any ideas where he will go? i know the nationals now say they can't afford him.............
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

mlbtraderumors.com mentioned Atlanta going after him. I would not mind that but would rather see him mashing in a little smaller stadium haha. Lot of big names still out there and pitchers and catchers report in about 4 weeks? Wish the Reds would sign Dunn to a 2 year deal, but think that boat has sailed.

I think that boat sailed for both of them.

Is the rumor with ATL recent? I would not mind that; but I think he'd be best suited for AL cities so he can DH if he is looking longterm. Just opens more options...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

It was just a brief mention of Atlanta emerging as a candidate. I agree DH is where he will end up someday, I just don't know if he is ready to accept that YET.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    It was just a brief mention of Atlanta emerging as a candidate. I agree DH is where he will end up someday, I just don't know if he is ready to accept that YET.
    Ego-schmego. Hell, I get so tired of listening to that stuff. Another option is being presented...it isn't about being ready for something. Actually I'm surprised to hear Dunn would even think that.

Of equal surprise is the fact that it is predominately all NL clubs looking at him, so what do I know??
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Pelliccioni View Post
    My wife Linda grew up in Wisconsin and Paul Molitor was her hero.
    When he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame we were there, she wearing his game worn Brewers and me his game worn Blue Jays.
    There is a common thread of class and decency when it comes to discussing Paul Molitor, it all applies.
    He remains one of our all time favorites, heck, we even named one of the cats after him!
    Larry Pelliccioni
    Larry,

What year is your wife's game used Molitor jersey? Is it home or away? Do you have pics?

Don't worry, I won't try to weasel it out of your hands since it's her favorite player. I just love to know what is out there.

Thanks

PS my cats are named Cooper and Rollie
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas