Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of it

Tired of it

Sorry about this rant about a member but it should be said. Acouple weeks ago i sold some items to a fellow member. He made a offer alittle more than half of what i was looking for, so i told him i would pass. He asked what the lowest i would take, so i emailed him back with the price and he said he would buy them. Well it did not take long after he recieved them that he listed them on ebay. The thing that got me mad the most was that he asked for a lower price so he could get a higher profit. If i knew he was going to do this i would have never sold him the items. I understand that this member is a great asset to this forum and hobby but stuff like this really bothers me and i believe it does to other members because i noticed he has done it before to other members. Would you people be upset about this?

Banned

Re: Tired of it

In my opinion, you agreed to a price that you were happy with, so you sold them. You must have been OK with the price or you wouldnt have sold them. Once they become his, he is free to do as he pleases with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauer7 View Post
    In my opinion, you agreed to a price that you were happy with, so you sold them. You must have been OK with the price or you wouldnt have sold them. Once they become his, he is free to do as he pleases with them.

Very true and I know thats how things work, but I would be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauer7 View Post

Your right Mauer with once they become his, he can do what ever he wants. I just hate when you offer lower money so you get more profit. Next time ill make sure their going to someone who will enjoy the items and not sell them with-in a week.

Banned

To some this is a hobby. To others, it's a business.

Would I be mad? Absolutely not. If I make money and am happy with the price I accept, I could care less what they do with it. If he makes money, then we're both happy. You can't be mad at him for doing something that you didn't and being successful at it.
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

I do see Yanks' point. I get the feeling he let the item go for a little less than he wanted, because he felt the buyer REALLY wanted the item.... Turns out the buyer REALLY DID want the item, but he REALLY wanted to SELL it for a quick profit.

Let's say a guy on the street corner is holding a sign that says, "Hungry, Please Help." You give him five dollars. He immediately walks into the liquor store and picks up a bottle of T-Bird with the money you just gave him. Does it matter what he spent your five dollar donation on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Would this happen to be about a posada bat?

It would sting for a moment. But if I got what I wanted it's all good, and now it's their problem.

Agree with Commando on this one.

I would be interested to see the emails, and to understand the reasoning behind letting the item go a little cheaper than you wanted Yanks. If he made it seem like he was a collector that was cash-strapped and was decieving in any way...I could see how you'd be a little upset.

Yes, it's his as soon as he pays. Yes, he's free to list it on eBay...and Yes, to some this hobby of ours is a business to some people. No matter how you look at it, the transaction went the way many eBay transactions go. I have sold hundreds of items only to see them go for less than I originally paid - and end up back on eBay within a few weeks.

I've also flipped a few items here and there (and some were from very good friends of mine on this very forum)...but we all have the basic understanding that what I don't want, you can have for a price - and do whatever you want with it...even if it means taking a Pujols gamer to the cages for the afternoon.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]