Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Milwaukee Brewers Fan Fest

I was wondering if any GUU member are planning on going to Brewers Fan fest this coming weekend. If your going make sure to stop by my both and say HI. ALso you never know what GU items I will have for sale. Hope to see some of you there.

I was thinking of going to this, but can anyone tell me how good the autograph chances are with 250 being signed by each player? Not really expecting to get Ryan Braun at $25, but also don't want to spend the whole day driving to the place, etc., to come away with Mike Cameron and a Mitch Stetter.

Do people line up hours early, so if I get there near when it opens will it be impossible to get anybody?

Also, is there game-used equipment that is often sold by the team at the fest?

Thanks!

Banned

gameused fan,
    Yes, they do sell game used equipment there. As for autographs people do stand in lines outside for a couple of hours to get a chance at autographs. Your best chance is to get there early. GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for the info!

That just reminded me of one of my most memorable collecting moments. Back in the day, they didn't have specific tickets for players' autographs, you just stood in a long line. When you got to the front of the line, whoever was signing, thats the autograph(s) you got. They would list who was going to be signing and approximately what times during the day. So, as a kid, all I wanted was a Robin Yount autograph. My dad and I make the hour plus drive to Milwaukee and the old MECCA auditorium. We wait around and get in line at the point when we think we will get to the front in time for Yount's autograph. Unfortunately the line moves much slower than we thought, much slower. Lucky for us Yount saw the massive line and stayed longer than he was scheduled to by about an hour. We stood in line for probably three hours, only to have Yount leave when we were two people away in line. I think I got Franklin Stubbs' autograph instead. Still haunts me 20 years later....
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Banned

I was set up at Brewers Fan Fest today and had a great time there. I was able to sell lots of Brewers itmes. I picked up a Ben Sheets game used bat and also a 2006 opening day base. I was able to get my Ryan Braun and Mat Gamel game used bats signed. The steal of the day was the Robin Yount 1980-1983 game used bat I bought from a local dealer. I can't wait until next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Here are the prices for game used items there today. Hats, bats, and helmets were $25.00 each. Bases were $50.00 and jerseys were $75.00 some good deals were had today.

Had an AWESOME time at 2009 Brewers Fan Fest It was well worth all the waiting in lines! Was able to get Prince Fielder and Rickie Weeks to autograph a batting helmet! Had Mike Cameron autograph a game ready bat that I bought earlier in the show. Also purchased some Bill Hall game used cleats from SkubeBats(Thanks Again!)Here are a few pics

Name:  IMG_061.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  IMG_06.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  IMG_060.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  27.9 KB

Banned

chuck70,
    It was nice to meet you and have a chance to talk to you there. I'm glad you like the Bill Hall spike.