Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ballparkheroes ebay ID

Well, I managed to get a 10 dollar discount on a uni?

Quote Originally Posted by Instanton View Post
    Well, I managed to get a 10 dollar discount on a uni?
    Pretty impressive, are you related to Kim? haha I have asked before if there is any flexibility in the price and I sometimes do not get a reply, while others I got a simple "no" reply with no other words. Guess not everyone has to wow you to make it in business.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

If you are patient, some of their items will go up for auction on Ebay eventually. Even then, I have seen alot of their stuff go pretty high in auction format either.

The do have nice stuff and I have had no problems working with them in the past.

I have been a long time, quick paying customer... maybe that has given me the benefit of the doubt. Kim is among the best in the industry in my mind. i am not looking for the cheapest, I am looking for the best.

Quality seller, long standing rep. Bought a Cecil Fielder helmet from them in early 90's (Detroit). Had Cecil begin to sign it when he stopped and said it was no good. I asked why - and he replied the orange D (away) did not match the "white" numbers on back. Kim took it back quickly as he missed this at sale. No hassle. Just honesty.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Pretty impressive, are you related to Kim? haha I have asked before if there is any flexibility in the price and I sometimes do not get a reply, while others I got a simple "no" reply with no other words. Guess not everyone has to wow you to make it in business.
    Nope, no sir. I guess I just got lucky. Even so, all I truly got was free shipping (10 dollars), I still paid the de facto listing price...

ball park heroes are a class act.. everyone complains about authenticity, here you get it and people have to complain about prices? you pay for what u get... ive always been satisfied by them, this goes back 20 years (more or less)

kim's been a dealer for over 20 yrs and has sold over 4000 items on ebay without a single negative. this forum has existed for over 4 yrs. in all of that time, i can't remember the last time i saw a post showing kim stigall to shill bid, pass off junk, refuse to stand behind his items, refuse to take down bad items, write misleading descriptions, or otherwise engage in dodgy behavior that seems to be the norm for this hobby. i guess that does "wow" me.

conversely, i've completely lost count on how many times his competitors such as ASI, ESM, CSI, Broadway Rick, and auction houses such as Mastro, AMI, GFC have all been mentioned. even the forum's own chris boyd is a self-admitted bat doctorer (how chris is permitted to remain on this forum is beyond me). in a morass of garbage dealers, kim is one of the last few remaining gentlemen left in this hobby. i can count on one hand the number of people in this hobby who i trust and kim's one of them.

you can pay ASI-esque prices and deal with this:

"I purchased the bat in 2004 from ASI, and tried to get them to allow me to return it for refund, but they refused my request because I received an LOA from AROD."

or pay kim's prices and deal with this:

"Bought a Cecil Fielder helmet from them in early 90's (Detroit). Had Cecil begin to sign it when he stopped and said it was no good... Kim took it back quickly...No hassle."

i remember a few years ago when kim was informed that a manny bat he had for sale wasn't good. he removed it in the blink of an eye without any hesitation. the truly crazy part? he thanked folks for letting him know. conversely, i remember telling ed dolan that a bo jackson jersey he had for sale was likely a scoreboard shirt. a few others told him the same. ed's response to me? he threatened to sue me (and this Forum!). he ended up continuing the auction, not adding any disclaimers or adjustments to the description, and he sold the shirt as a "gamer". i recall dave miedema being told to get stuffed as well. how about dan ceniceros, the "lakers expert", who admitted buying a bulk of bo jackson shirts from scoreboard and then selling them all on ebay as "game issued"? funny how none of them came with the original scoreboard certs. even funnier were dan's auction descriptions that stated that these jerseys, (that he admitted he bought from scoreboard) were "issued to bo to wear for the 1989 season" and came from a "legit source from within the majors".

maybe kim doesn't offer the deep discounts (or garbage items or fudged descriptions) of some others, but in the long run you'll pay far more for dealing with people like rick kohl, brad wells, or chris boyd. i'd gladly pay more to deal with kim and avoid people like that.

rudy.

Bought from them a few times quick shipping fair prices I just wish they would send me the list of 79-81 Mets jerseys they have
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

I have dealt with Kim a few Times and never had a problem.Fast Shipping on the Bats I bought from him.I bought a Bat from him a few Years back and wanted to return it because there was a little issue with it.I called Kim and told him I wanted to return the Bat to him and explained why.He had no problem what so ever in the Return.I always look at his Items on his Site and EBAY a few times a Week.I will Buy from him with out even thinking twice about one of his Items having Issues.The only thing is I did try to sell him Items before and the Prices he gave me were not that good so I passed on Selling him my Items.But that would not let me not go to him again to Buy a Game Used Item from him.

Always looking for Orioles Game Used Items.

Thanks
    Geoff