Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Why does AROD sell his equipment????

Even if ARod is making $300 grand for his Game Used/Autographs. We are only talking about 1% of his baseball salary. That like giving the average Joe on the street an extra $500. I'd love and extra $500 but at the end of the day an extra 1% isn't making anyone more "financially stable."
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

now if madonna was selling her clothes after each performance she would be like these ball players........... i wonder if arod even pays for his bats.... its the new society "get what ya can"... givebacks? pfft

Arod doesn't make money off of his game used stuff. That is handled by a relative and is the source of their salary. At least that is how it was explained to me.

BTW,

Maple bats are $78 and Ash are $55.
    Brian Hillerich

Didn't see the last one...

Players don't pay for the bats, the teams do. Some do buy their own so they have control over them in regards to collectibles. Arod, Jeter, Griffey, Pujols, and a few others buy their own bats along with receiving bats from the teams.
    Brian Hillerich

"how can you say a person who can afford a game used bat is not a fan?"

i can't. good thing i didn't say it huh?. i said he could price it in a way that typical fans could afford it. i'm not sure how you took this mean me saying that anyone who can afford it isn't a fan.

"if the market will bear a huge price tag then it should be the player that gets a good cut of the money. say a player decides to lower the prices on his game used equipment. what will happen? the dealers will get to it before the fans and jack up the price. then the player will see the prices being way higher and not in the hand of the fans."

agreed.

"if its going to transfer again to the secondary market because prices are low, then the player is not maximizing his opportunity that other will take advantage if the player does not understand the market or feel sympathy for the typical fan."

this is the argument used by many players for refusing autographs or giving items out. they don't want to get cut out of the pie. i suppose that's fine for some benchwarmer who has a very short window of limited earning potential. but if you're an athlete making literally hundreds of millions, do you really care about being cut out of the memorabilia pie? if you sell some guy a bat for $100 and he flips it for $5000 and therefore you've lost $4900, do you really care? i wouldn't. but then again, i guess there are some guys out there who make $28mm a season and stay awake at night worrying about how to make another $100k. it's like having a 300 scoop sundae in front of you and getting angry because 1 scoop fell on the floor and someone scooped it up for themselves.

rudy.

BMH, Do we dare even ask how many extra bats AROD or the others buy??? If you can even say.

$50,000.00 to Arod or any other superstar is like $50.00 to the common fan. If you were getting $50.00 to spend a day signing a bunch of stuff, maybe your priorities are out of whack.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Would be interesting to hear how many extras Arod purchases?
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    $50,000.00 to Arod or any other superstar is like $50.00 to the common fan. If you were getting $50.00 to spend a day signing a bunch of stuff, maybe your priorities are out of whack.

I'd take three extra hours with my son over $50 anyday, hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    So why does he do it??? for the money maybe?? 50k is nothing to sneeze at. because he's bored?? maybe?? Maybe to pay his cell phone bills for the year or to pay for his gas for his cars. Who knows???
    Could be that it makes him feel great about himself to have all those people owning his bat.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408