Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Why does AROD sell his equipment????

Rudy....don't forget about saving up for plastic surgery for Madonna.

Banned

[quote=kingjammy24;116740]suave: my bad. i didn't realize rodriguez had to pay taxes. phew, thank god for that MVP gig or else he'd be spending his nights at the local motel 6 with a can of dinty moore! seriously though, how is his memorabilia money "tax free"? if mario/MVP is reporting it, then i'm guessing arod must. [/qoute]

I never said he was crying broke!! I am just putting in to perspective what he is actually coming home with, since you keep bringing up the 28mm like he comes home with the whole 28mm out right

you realize the charities and foundations would likely act as write-offs and reduce his tax liability?
    Even with white offs you only get a small percentage back and remember to get a write off you have to spend a lot more money - at absolute most I think charity is a 15% write off of what you donated

anyway, you forgot about $6mm in endorsements and given that his money isn't sitting in a checking account, probably another few million in investment returns. however you slice it, $50k or $100k still strikes me as chump change for a guy grossing $34mm+ annually. but i realize that's just me and i value my free time and personal life. funny thing but the last company i worked for enabled employees to purchase time off. many took advantage of it. most already had more time off than arod and made substantially less. not sure what they were thinking. i should've pointed them to weekend paper routes where they could spend a few hours each weekend making $100.
    I agree to an extent, your right most people would want the time off. But you keep assuming he is one of those people!!! I know plenty of people who work themselves to the bone. I know someone makes nearly a billion a year. Comes to work when he is extremely sick and should be home, sits at his desk with a blanket and tylenols, takes one week vacation a year with his family, comes in at about 5am and leaves around 9pm - takes him about an hour and a half to drive to work - so he spends 3 hours of the day on the road

His wife and family live the GREAT LIFE but he hardly ever sees them and is in his mid 50's and has no plans of stopping.

some would say this thread has already devolved into the ridiculous and i'd agree. in short, why does arod spend his free time making chump change? if you believe some, it's so he can become more "financially stable". apparentely, $252mm doesn't go as far as it used to. apparently once you account for taxes, the man's lucky if he's got enough left over for another gulfstream IV. if you believe others, it's because he's addicted to money. i tend to believe he's just a struggling single father of two, busting his hump any way he can so his two girls won't go hungry.

rudy.
    I am not saying he is doing it to make himself financially stable, I am just saying he possibly is financially hungry to make every drop he can. If you can milk it to the bitter end, why not????

"I know plenty of people who work themselves to the bone. I know someone makes nearly a billion a year. Comes to work when he is extremely sick and should be home, sits at his desk with a blanket and tylenols"

i think i know who you're talking about. don't worry, he learned his lesson in the end:

if you work for the guy, expect a big raise next christmas!

"If you can milk it to the bitter end, why not????"

good question. i'll let you answer it: "His wife and family..he hardly ever sees them".

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Even with white offs you only get a small percentage back and remember to get a write off you have to spend a lot more money - at absolute most I think charity is a 15% write off of what you donated
    ahh but that's the beauty of this isn't it? why donate $55 and write off $55 when instead you can buy a $55 bat, swing it around a few times, and turn it into a $3k bat? $55 just bought you a $3k write off, so he's actually spending less than the writeoff. MVP has his HR #520 bat on ebay for $15k. i bet you've never seen $55 turned into $15k so fast. how's that for magic? spend $55/bat x 150 bats, use 'em until they're worth a mint, donate all the bats to the Alex Rodriguez Foundation for Wayward Children (a 501(c) business exempt from federal taxes of course) and write it off. i'm sure his tax wizards have worked wonders with his annual liability. i'd be shocked if he paid anywhere near your estimate. anyway, all of this is for naught anyway given the pending divorce. maybe he really does need to pump those bats out if cynthia's about to have her way with his accounts.

"When people write bad things about me, I don't know if it's because I'm good-looking.."

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

"When people write bad things about me, I don't know if it's because I'm good-looking.."

rudy.
    I think that pretty much says it all!!!!!!!