Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Why does AROD sell his equipment????

NOW HERE IS A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN THROWN AROUND NUMEROUS TIMES ON THIS FORUM.

WHY DOES A GUY LIKE AROD HE MAKES MORE MONEY THE MOST THEN I COULD POSSIBLY MAKE IN 2 LIFETIMES - UNLESS I INVENT THE YO-YO...... DAMN THATS BEEN DONE ALREADY LOL LOL

Well here is a thought put aside for 2 seconds that he doesn't need the money. Imagine the profit capabilities of it though???

Lets say hypothetical the actual of the cost of the bat to him is about $50 to $100 lets say he sells about 50 to a 100 bats per season his bats usually sell around the $1000k range or more if it is a regular season bat and 3000k and up if it is a home run bat.

DO THE MATH - AT ITS LOWEST NUMERS ON BOTH SIDES

50 Bats x $1000k each = $50,000 a year cash / thats like making $85,000 after taxes - just on bats

Now compare that to what the 50 bats cost him - $2,500 - $47,500 profit

So why does he do it??? for the money maybe?? 50k is nothing to sneeze at. because he's bored?? maybe?? Maybe to pay his cell phone bills for the year or to pay for his gas for his cars. Who knows???

Re: Why does AROD sell his equipment????

I am not a huge Arod fan, but one could argue that he does it for the fans. Letting them collect their favorite player and gives them many opportunities to own an item.

Not sure you can criticize him at all, who would not want to make more money. Just because he is rich does not mean he should stop reaching for more financial stability. Can not blame him at all, he is like MOST of society (just has a little more of a head start haha)
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Why does Jeter, Manny, Pujols, Ortiz, Mauer, all most all major leaguers. You guys make it sound like A-rod is the only one selling his stuff. I think he does the home run bats so i collector can have a home run bat.

hey jason;
    one word sums it up; GREED! maybe, maybe, if he would give his stuff away, he would have more of a fan base and not be hated as much.
    i don't see all the hoopla for an arod bat, especially when they cost that much! i guess, if noone bought them, the price would be reasonable. there are soo many anyway, i don't see how they sell for $1,000+

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    hey jason;
    one word sums it up; GREED! maybe, maybe, if he would give his stuff away, he would have more of a fan base and not be hated as much.
    i don't see all the hoopla for an arod bat, especially when they cost that much! i guess, if noone bought them, the price would be reasonable. there are soo many anyway, i don't see how they sell for $1,000+

I am not a huge Arod supporter, but I like him as a player. But how can you say "greed", if you had an chance to make a large sum of money would you turn it down? I know I wouldn't! If there is an opportunity to make money why not go for it, common sense!

Also, on the prices... I feel all New York stuff is over priced, but the market is there and the people are willing to pay those prices. Just glad Reds prices are not like that

of course times, rather people have changed, when players' didn't make the money these modern guys make, there stuff was given away. i have talked to plenty of former players and hofers that have told me that they would rather give away stuff than sell it because it would give them a bad image. i believe that.
    it's just greed man!

Super talents have had handlers in their ears since they were teens. A lot of these guys rely on their handlers to make most of their business decisions. Handlers get a percentage of just about everything......

Also I assume Alex receives a million or better a year for his sig and memorabilia. That goes a long way to funding a foundation or two. Fans are happy, handlers are happy, foundations are happy..........

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Just glad Reds prices are not like that
    You got that right
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I agree about giving stuff away and the image, but the agents / memorable dealers that have connections with players are starting to end that method. With minor league players hooking up with companies, I think the method of giving away bats and things is heading out the door for the most part.

Arod must have collected game used as a youth so he knows all about getting items from players that weren't exactly what they claimed to be and he vowed to make sure this didn't happen when he got the Big Leagues. He does it so that all collectors know that they are getting a completely legitimate bat that was used by him and used to hit the homerun(s) he says he hit with each bat. He has a fool proof method of using tracking socks to make sure he knows which bat is which when he goes to sign them 6 months later.

In short he does it to help make the hobby safe for you, me and every collector out there