Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchase

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    When someone says they have such and such pieces, it is natural for us collectors to want to see the pics.

Another possibility could be, people want you to back up what you are saying.
    To see if you are for real?
    How many collectors do not display their collection?

Now why would you care if someone has something or not just because they said it?

I take everyone at face value. If they said it - they said it. So if you said you have the holy-grail - BABE RUTH bat, then I would be ... wow ... there is your kids college education. You are lucky to have it.

Who am I going to ask for visual verification UNLESS I want to buy them.

I know many collectors who do not display their items. Some of my earlier collectibles are ruined due to display without proper protection. So, if you choose to display your stuff - more power to you. If suddenly you see your autographed slowly fading on your items - who would you blame then? Would you get sympathy from those who saw your item on display?

No.

Another thing, to put anything decent on display - you will have to spend an arm and a leg to have it framed.

And I would never part with my items on some JOE SHMOE to have them frame. Thanks but no thanks!

Dont know if you follow the news lately, even STEINER lost some VERY VERY valuable items from customers who send in to have it signed!

So .... I learned from my own mistakes but I would rather learned from someone else mistakes - cost me nothing to learn!

Just my .03 cent!

Banned

Re: O/T: With all the craziness happening around UPPERDECK, should I be worried about the game used I purchase

Another thing, I would never consider what I have is rare or scare or ... whatever ...

What I got --- there are thousand of them out there.

If there is less than 100 of them in existence, then I will consider it's rare.

I think there is a miscommunication. The term "display" was used asking you to post photos on the forum, not "display" meaning to hang on a wall or on a mannequin in your sports room. I actually don't care either way.

"Vic Fanatic," don't worry, I believe you.

Yours truly,

Johnny Sportslover

Oops, I mean...

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Its all good dude.....

You asked a question.....

I gave you a couple of possibilities as to the answer.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    "Vic Fanatic," don't worry, I believe you.

Yours truly,

Johnny Sportslover

Oops, I mean...

Too funny.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Sure!

What you are looking for? Which player? or which team if you dont really care about the player?

Vic - I can't believe you haven't emailed me yet. For that matter, when are you going to post up the photos of all the UDA game used jerseys!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    When someone says they have such and such pieces, it is natural for us collectors to want to see the pics.

Another possibility could be, people want you to back up what you are saying.
    To see if you are for real?
    How many collectors do not display their collection?
    I personally do not display my collection either. I used to but I had alot of baseballs get ruined so I stopped doing it. I keep my bats in a gun safe from Walmart (I do not own guns but the safe is perfect for holding bats and affordable also) My jerseys are in plastic bags in a rubbermaid bin. My autographs are in cases in the boxes the cases came in a closet. I rarely show my collection off because I do not want anyone handling and possibly damaging it as I do not have any relatives or friends who are collectors. However, I do feel that if someone claims to have rare items like YankeeStub mentioned he should post pics so other collectors can see them. And Yankeestub there are defintely under a 100 authentic jerseys out there of the players you mentioned in the collectibles market or private collections they are defintely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees.stub View Post

And oh, what is up with people stealing other members' picture and posting on other forums and eB.. stuff? I dont know...

Just too funny!

If stealing your photos is a problem you fear, just do as mb23 recently did and put a watermark.

protects your property and does question photo ownership if the userid of the poster and photo does not match as I do right now on this post.

btw, i checked my email with nothing from you yet.

regards,

joel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Since pictures have not been provided yet, I would like to refer back to a certain saying that is used on countless other message boards, SCAN OR BAN!
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com