Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0063 on Baseball Majestic Jersey

Hello,
    I'm new to collecting baseball jerseys. Does anyone happen to know what the 0063 code on the care tag of a Majestic jersey mean? Thanks

Re: 0063 on Baseball Majestic Jersey

"0062" is the Majestic inventory code for Knit jerseys, however, "0063" is the code used for jerseys made from their new "Cool Base" material.

The 0063 can appear on game used and game issued MLB Majestic jerseys.

I thought that 0063 was only for Cool Base, sorry about that

To be honest, I don't know what Cool Base means, but saw some game used jerseys in the MLB Auction that had the 0063 tag. As the original poster was new to Majestic jerseys, the 0062 can also appear on game used/game issued but can sometimes appear on the retail rack. In general, 0062 means MLB player/team made and 6200 means retail. However, the rule is not perfect, as 0062 sometimes is found on retail and some MLB game used can have the 6200. Also, some dishonest sellers change the tags to deceive. The key with identifying tag alterations is the genuine tag edge is supposed to be sewn clearly underder the cloth, while fakes often are simply stitched on over the top. Pretty easy to tell the difference is you look at some examples.

In short, if you think a Majestic jersey is MLB used, a well attached 0063 or 0062 tag doesn't prove it MLB game used or game issued but is consistent with such a garment.

The codes can differ greatly. I have a Coolbase GU jersey that has a 0068 tag and a knit jersey with a 0506 code.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Dave,
    Cool Base is Majestic's new Under-Armour style material. It is lighter than traditional knit jerseys, and is often worn in rather hot weather. I'm adding a link to Majestic's site with an example.

http://store.majesticathletic.com/Ko...235216_PD.html

Hope this helps with your question.

Can anyone tell me what an 0068 Majestic tag means?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by azjared View Post
    Can anyone tell me what an 0068 Majestic tag means?
    That's another cool base jersey code, assigned to 2007-2009 BP jerseys, the designs being used with the colorful side panels on the torso. The previous cool base BP jerseys (2003-06) were 0065.

Dave M.
    Chicago area