Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What did you buy for investment purposes/resale and tanked???

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    The 5.33 ERA in AAA 4.01 the second round in AAA should have been the time to sell QUICK. Oh well, learn from our mistakes.
    Yeah I've done plenty of dumb things in my life. I was also a big Elarton fan, I don't even remember why, so buying two and three and four copies of his rare parallels didn't seem bad at the time. I've made a lot of mistakes in collecting, like overpaying for items. I try to learn from those errors in judgment.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I thought this might be an interesting topic since I see so many times people over pay for items and I look at my computer screen and say is "he crazy to pay that much for something like that"
    Now I know some of those items I am sure are bought for personal collections or you may have a sentimental attachment to it so your willing to over pay for it.

But quite a few of these items get picked up where someone things down the road its gonna be worth a lot or someone buys an item at a high cost thinking they are going to be able to flip it for more.

Here is an item I purchased.

Mets Lastings Milledge Triple AAA Game Used Helmet (Lastings being noted at the time as the Next big Phenom)
    I paid quite a few hundred for it figuring I would be able to flip it and make a pretty hefty profit.

Lastings Milledge career goes no where that it was expected and there goes my investment - I couldn't even get rid of it for $200 or $300 if I tried none the less the helmet is still sitting in my inventoiry.

WHATS YOUR ITEM??
    I know a Milledge collector that may want it!

My worst item was my Roger Clemens 2000 Game Used jersey that sold thousands under what I paid..........
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

My purchase was an autograph Alex Rodriguez jersey. Purchased before I was into game used items, decided it was time to move it and only made about a 1/2 of what I paid. Guess I never knew the Arod autograph market would be so saturated

Delmon Young autograph has not taken off yet, still holding out that the Liriano price goes up if he can stay healthy.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    JUST STOP.... Elarton was floating around with KC and the Indians the past few years. JUST STOP, don't jinx it.
    Fingers crossed for another miracle

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I once traded a '76 Whitey Herzog Royals jersey for a Steve Sax '82 Rookie Jersey. I tried to throw the Jersey away but kept missing the trash can from 15 feet away.