Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know why the Astros don't sell their game used jerseys?

Does anyone know why the Houston Astros don't sell their gamers to the public? Rarely they will have some special jerseys up for auction on MLB auction ie. Jackie Robinson Day jerseys. Last I heard they had gotten rid of their 1998 jerseys in a bulk lot. They apparently keep their jerseys in storage to sit for years. They could make so much money selling them to the public and we know Uncle Drayton like to make money off the fans

Re: Anyone know why the Astros don't sell their game used jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    Does anyone know why the Houston Astros don't sell their gamers to the public? Rarely they will have some special jerseys up for auction on MLB auction ie. Jackie Robinson Day jerseys. Last I heard they had gotten rid of their 1998 jerseys in a bulk lot. They apparently keep their jerseys in storage to sit for years. They could make so much money selling them to the public and we know Uncle Drayton like to make money off the fans
    I know the Astros had some jerseys auctioned off on MLB.com Auctions right after the end of the regular season. Whose jersey are you looking for? Email me, and I could give you the name of a contact who could get you some stuff. It's lazukor@gmail.com.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

The Astros are waiting for someone to purchase all of their jerseys in a bulk buy. I assume this would take a lot of money. Other than MLB.com auctions, they used to auction off the jerseys the players wore while signing autographs at Fan Fest. These jerseys were almost always game used jerseys from earlier seasons. Last year, Fan Fest was held the same day as their final exhibition game so they auctioned off the jerseys worn in that game. I assume the same thing will happen this year.
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

I have a couple game used Beautiful defunct style 1998 Astros #16 Tom McCraw jerseys for $100. each plus postage if any of you Astro's collectors are interested. Pics available.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I know the Astros had some jerseys auctioned off on MLB.com Auctions right after the end of the regular season. Whose jersey are you looking for? Email me, and I could give you the name of a contact who could get you some stuff. It's lazukor@gmail.com.

-Frik
    email sent

Just got an e-mail from the astros season ticket holder MVP update. The astros will launch "Astros Authentics" at the stadium this year and sell game used items to fans...here is the article from the astros website for season ticket holders....I don't know what all they will sell, but the article just talks about game used balls, lineup cards, etc...it doesn't mention jerseys. The currently sell bats in the team store, but mostly from past astros players, not on the active roster.

"The Astros are pleased to announce the launch of "Astros Authentics" this season at Minute Maid Park. Fans will now have greater access to purchase game-used items such as baseballs, lineup cards and other exciting items directly from the dugout and field. This new and exclusive brand will work through the MLB Authentication program, the first and only professional sports league to implement a program that easily distinguishes game-used memorabilia from other items on the market. Every item sold through Astros Authentics will feature a tamper-proof hologram and serial number from which collectors will be able to verify at mlb.com. With the rise in popularity of these rare pieces of baseball memorabilia, Astros Authentics will provide fans a way to take home part of the game itself."

Hopefully this makes it easier for some Erstad gamers to show up on the market.
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Sweet

Great to hear!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

A question to anybody who has visited the store in which the Astros sell GU items. I live a couple blocks from Minute Maid Park and meandered over to the Team Store yesterday which can be entered through Union Station. I did not see any GU items there and when I inquired about them, the lady behind the counter looked at me as if I were from outer space. Exactly where in the stadium are the items sold? Is the location only accessible during games? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.