Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
I find this a little hard to believe. Don't feel that way.

Some of the pretty girls I have known/met throughout my life, were really UGLY/MEAN people inside. The old saying beauty is only skin deep, can be true.

I have a tip for you!

Take some pictures of your collection. While talking to a player, tell them how you enjoy baseball and collecting. Tell them that you are a big fan. Then show them your pics of you collection. Then ask if they crack a bat can you have it for your collection.

I bet this works.

Case in point....

Spring 1997, a girl whom looked a little butch, sorry for the term. She had short hair, a little overweight, and had a girlfriend with her. Was she a lesbian? I don't know or care. She was not a swimsuit model for sure...

But she had a pic of her bat collection, she showed it to Mark Sweeney. He handed her the bat in his hands.

A moment later, I asked how did you do that, she showed me the pic of her bats.

Also let the players see you around the ballpark a few times first. Don't ask for a autograph every time or anything right away.

I have received quite a few bats asking players if they crack a bat and if I am around can I have it. I actually saw the players searching the stands by the dugout. Then walk over and hand me the bat.

Wilson Alvarez gave me a game used fielding glove. He came into my work, I struck up a conversation with him, I gave his daughter a lollipop. Then a couple of times later of seeing him at the training complex, I asked him if he had a old glove I could have. The rest is history....

Good luck....
That's a really good idea. I think I'll try it next time I go to a baseball stadium. Thanks for putting a positive spin on this. I never would have thought to do any of this!