Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AMI 1993 Emmitt Smith Game Worn Jersey

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=43793

Forum members, here it is again!....same Emmitt Smith jersey that they previously offered

THis time they try to [describe the jersey as follows]:

"Although there is no photo documentation of his wearing pockets during the season, our research indicates that this was prepared for use in case the Cowboys had to go on the road for the playoffs. Entering the final week of play, a number of teams were within reach of post-season home field advantage, and the Cowboys most likely took one of Emmitt's gamers and tailored the preparations if the team had to travel north, or to San Francisco and inclement weather."

That is an incredible piece of investigative research that they conjured up 15 years later...they forgot to end this fairy tale of a discription with "the cow jumped over the moon"

Anyways, here are the facts on why this is [questionable]....The Cowboys only wore Apex in 93 and 94...in 94 the 75th anniversery patch was worn...In 1993 the Boys wore Blue against the Redskins, Cardinals, and Eagles that season on the road...

1. Emmitt was a hold out against the Redskins in Washington in 1993

2. At Arizona, Emmitt wore the jersey in the picture below...notice that there is only one sleeve stripe shown that is cut and hemmed, not 2 sleeve stripes and cuffed as the AMI [in question]

3. The last hope is against the Eagles in Phili....forgot the fact that Emmitt kept a large percentage of his jerseys...below see a picture of the style of jersey that was supplied to Emmtt in 1993...notice the large gap between the letters "E" & "S' in the NOB...although this picture is not from the game in Phili, the NOB spacing is the same as Emmitt wore against the Eagles in game video, and all other teams for that matter

Hopefully they do the right thing this time, and pull it

Banned

Re: AMI 1993 Emmitt Smith Game Worn Jersey Fake

Lund-

Extremely disturbing if indeed true.

Can any other experieinced Smith or football collectors possibly shed some additional informaiton on this, or possibly Keeta or Vic at AMI?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Lund-

Extremely disturbing if indeed true.

Can any other experieinced Smith or football collectors possibly shed some additional informaiton on this, or possibly Keeta or Vic at AMI?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Yes Howard, indeed it is true and extremely disturbing that this retail shirt hasn't been pulled yet

there is nothing "questionable" about this shirt....photographs/video are 100% factual, not questionable

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Yes Howard, indeed it is true and extremely disturbing that this retail shirt hasn't been pulled yet

there is nothing "questionable" about this shirt....photographs/video are 100% factual, not questionable

Lund-

I emailed both Kieta and Vic at American Memorabilia yesterday morning with a link to this thread. I asked them to either comment directly on this thread, or respond directly to me. I have not received a reply and it does not appear they have added to this thread.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Lund-

I emailed both Kieta and Vic at American Memorabilia yesterday morning with a link to this thread. I asked them to either comment directly on this thread, or respond directly to me. I have not received a reply and it does not appear they have added to this thread.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Howard....Have you received a response from anyone at AMI about this Emmitt jersey?

If not, maybe they are frantically attemping to find pictures of Emmitt from the game in Philly in '93....

Either way, I will post pictures from this game against the Eagles to save them the legwork....It's pretty sad that they gave this jersey a thumbs up, considering all of the issues with it....

Anyhow I'm sure they'll feel a great deal of relief that a bad jersey has not been put in the market after seeing the Philly pictures

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Howard....Have you received a response from anyone at AMI about this Emmitt jersey?

If not, maybe they are frantically attemping to find pictures of Emmitt from the game in Philly in '93....

Either way, I will post pictures from this game against the Eagles to save them the legwork....It's pretty sad that they gave this jersey a thumbs up, considering all of the issues with it....

Anyhow I'm sure they'll feel a great deal of relief that a bad jersey has not been put in the market after seeing the Philly pictures
    Lund-

I'm not in receipt of a reply to my email account, nor does it appear Vic or Keta at American Memorabila have posted a reply on this thread.

You note that you'll post some photos-when can we expect to see these?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Lund-

I'm not in receipt of a reply to my email account, nor does it appear Vic or Keta at American Memorabila have posted a reply on this thread.

You note that you'll post some photos-when can we expect to see these?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@comcast.net

Howard...

Hmmmm....no response from AMI?...maybe they have a strong case of Lampsonitis, which clinically is a categorized as metamorphism into a ghost type figure

the dvd of the Eagles game came in the mail today....I'll post multiple pictures of Emmitt playing in this game later tonight

Re: AMI 1993 Emmitt Smith Game Worn Jersey

Here are pictures of Emmitt from the 10/31/1993 game in Phili

Many major differences noticed on the jersey that Emmitt is wearing in the video vs the AMI retail jersey

THe one's that pop out immediately are:

1. The space between "E" and "S" in the name on back.
    2. The location of the Apex logo's on the sleeves. The AMI retail jersey has the Apex logo's situated directly above the sleeve stripe. In the video the logo is located much higher.
    3. The AMI retail jersey's sleeves are much to long. In the video, the cuff is located directly below 2nd sleeve stripe.

So here is a recap on why Emmitt NEVER wore this jersey.

Cowboy's wore Apex in 1993 & 1994....In 1994 there would have been a 94 year swatch in the tail and the NFL 75th anniversery patch would be present....so this alone narrows the jersey to only a 1993 possibility....in 1993 Emmitt was a contract holdout and did not play any preseason games...The Cowboy's only wore the blue jerseys 3 times that year in the regular season....at Washington, where Emmitt was a holdout...at Arizona, where Emmitt is pictured above...and lastly at Philly as shown in this post

So it can be 100% accurately deduced that this jersey is nothing more than doctored up retail jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Lund,

Nice job with the detective work! You seem to have hit the nail on the head. I just find it amazing that, even with this valuable bit of info, there are still 8 people bidding, with the price just a little over $1500 and sure to climb the final days. That's a nice chunk of change for a jersey that cost $80 w/ some alterations made by your grandmother, the seamstress.

Indeed, this compromises the integrity AMI, their items, and more disturbingly, their AUTHENTICATORS. I know that this thread will not stop folks from bidding on that jersey, and it is a shame that AMI refuses to see the facts, and continues to let people bid.

This is one of a hundred cases that is out on the market. All I can add to this thread is this small bit of advice:

1) ALWAYS BE SURE TO RESEARCH YOUR PURCHASES! FANCY DESCRIPTIONS AND "AUTHENTICATION" ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM, OR 100% ACCURATE.

2) THERE ARE MANY RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC THAT CAN BE USED TO BECOME YOUR OWN "AUTHENTICATOR", IN SORTS. USE THE INFORMATION THAT IS OUT THERE TO HELP AIDE IN YOUR PURCHASES.

3) DON'T HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS. ASK AS MANY AS YOU NEED TO IN ORDER TO FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR PURCHASE. BRING THE INFORMATION & FACTS THAT YOU FOUND TO THE TABLE. SOME MISTAKES ARE HONEST, BUT THE SELLER SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, WORK WITH YOU.

4) NEVER BUY AN ITEM IF YOUR ARE NOT 100% COMFORTABLE WITH THE ITEM, SELLER, AND AUTHENTICATION. YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER, AND ALL "LEGIT" COMPANIES SHOULD WORK WITH YOU TO GUARANTEE 100% SATISFACTION.

Lund, thanks again for the info. I hope this will help others before they decide to waste their hard earned money on CRAP.

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game Used

Banned

"...this compromises the integrity AMI...."

Sure had to laugh at that statement.

Do a search on this board and others.

You will find a lot of posts in regard to AMI's "integrity".