Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EurekaDave
    • Sep 2005

Corked Bat?

I have heard that a small, thumbnail sized marking on the head of the bat may indicate that it has been corked. I have a Louisville Slugger bat with the Neifi Perez Giants name on it but with JT Snow's jersey no. 6.

What might the circle on the end indicate? I have seen a bat listed on EBAY as possibly corked. But I guess you would never know unless you "uncorked" it.
  • byergo
    • Feb 2006

Re: Corked Bat?

X-Ray or CAT scan it if you have a Doctor friend!

Comment

• EurekaDave
      • Sep 2005

Thanks for the response. Next question. Does knowing that a bat is corked enhance its value in any way (especially if the player were not a HOFer)?

Comment

• byergo
        • Feb 2006

If it were a photo matched gamer that "outed" a player for the 1st time as a cheat, it would dramatically increase its value.

Comment

• ahuff
          • Nov 2005

That sounds like a pretty cool bat!!! Would you mind posting a photo for me to see? Thanks.
          "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

Working...