Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2 Game Used David Wright bats on ebay museumbats

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    He replied back to me also that the lot was purchased from Grey Flannel..I asked him why the Wright bat was listed as a Game Used and if he could show me the documentation on Grey flannels findings,,Here is the one from ebay and the 2 that were sold on Locker Room Memorabilia..Thanks everyone again

What did he say about why he called the bat with funny black marks game used?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I talked with museumbats, and he told me that he thought he represented the bat honestly. He didn't say there were ball marks on it, or anything like that. You have to understand that there was pine tar and mota stick on the bat, so it was more than just game-issued. Maybe it should have been called game-ready, but he did NOT doctor the bat. He got it from a Grey Flannel lot, and that was how it came. He did NOT take it to the cages and hit the ball around with it. I have worked with museumbats before, and I can state that I feel 100% trust working with the guy. And this is in a hobby where all too often I can't trust people. So - if you don't want this bat, I understand. But I would be loath to throw out accusations before you know the facts and the history of the bat.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I posted pictures to compare and stop making accusations that I accused him of doctoring the bat.Where did I mention ball marks Get your facts straight before throwing accusations.I requested the documentation on Grey flannels findings from him.I also got the opinion of 2 Mets collectors whose opinion I value very highly.The bat compared to the other 2 has no use at all.Does that mean he did not use it no..I have seen a ton of Wright bats and the ones with little use have been cracked or broken..Also there is a big difference between a Game Used bat and a Game Ready bat..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com