Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vladimir Guerrero Bat Legit?

I've been looking for a Vladdy bat for a long time and I was wondering what your opinions are on this? I know he used this type of bat and I think I've seen the vg43 on the diablo's before, but what does the 43 stand for? Also, I'm usually skeptical when I see those white marks on the barrel from balls that don't look like they've imprinted. thanks, Ricardo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002

Re: Vladimir Guerrero Bat Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    I've been looking for a Vladdy bat for a long time and I was wondering what your opinions are on this? I know he used this type of bat and I think I've seen the vg43 on the diablo's before, but what does the 43 stand for? Also, I'm usually skeptical when I see those white marks on the barrel from balls that don't look like they've imprinted. thanks, Ricardo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002
    I would ask the seller for a better picture of the whole bat. It looks a bit suspicious to me, though I'm no expert on Vladdi bats.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

for anyone who has played baseball, regular white marks appear on woodern bats from the batting cages, ones that pitch the yellow rubber balls

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    for anyone who has played baseball, regular white marks appear on woodern bats from the batting cages, ones that pitch the yellow rubber balls
    Good to know, thanks!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by Capital-Sports View Post
    I've never seen yellow batting cage rubber balls that made white marks with laces like the one seen in the pic of the Guerrero bat listing. These are marks that I've seen that are more consistent with batting cage balls. (pic courtesy of BigTruck260 from previous post).

Ok, I'll take a shot here. My first impression is the pics are poor. Second, the 34 is inches(as in bat length). Third, the knob has no signs of use that should correspond with the amount of hits that bat took. The centerbrand has what looks like contrived tar. But then again, the pics can't support this. Vlad gamers are hammered. He cleans his cleats, he hits every and any pitch anywhere close. The ball marks should be heavy and show signs of indention. The guy swings hard. No number on knob or bat barrel which Vlad does. I've never seen a Vlad gamer that clean. There just aren't enough nicks, scrapes, dirt, etc. I would hold out for a better example.
    Scott

Oh sorry, don't know what the 43 stands for. Model number I suppose.

After a quick review of 2006, the only bats I could identify Vlad using are M9, Rt 66, Nokona and Xbat. No Diablo. Not saying he never used it, but on Getty for 2006 I didn't find one.
    Scott

Thanks for your help guys, you reinforced my gut feeling, I think I'll stay away, not to mention $24 for shipping is steep. Ricardo

Dewey2007,

Correct! Batting cage balls leave the indented "golfball" dimpled look like your bat (albeit the dimples are obviously larger than a golf ball).....and they leave DARK marks (from the asphalt, dirt, etc. picked up by the rubber), not white.

That bat is not game used by Vladi, in my opinion, for ALL of the reasons scottanservitz mentioned.......It's like he took my words right out of my mouth. Size is wrong, bat usage is extremely weak, can't picture match the style, and the sticker on the knob??? C'mon.