Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jim Reynolds - A great American

I write this thread because a previous deleted thread had a member make some horrible comments about Jim Reynolds. I met Jim Reynolds on the Forum several years ago, and have found him to be a great American who has protected this country and is a good father, husband and the type of guy who would do whatever he can for you if you ever asked. I consider Jim a friend too.

You don't always have to agree with someone's political views, religious views, or Game Used collecting philosophies for that matter. Best to only discuss Game Used and sports topics in the future.

You judge a person on his character first.

Freedom of expression is a great thing so long as you don't cross the line. This Forum again should steer clear of politics and religion and other non-relevant topics.

In the last couple of weeks there have been so many divisive "attack" type of comments on here, and it truly is a shame. Some of the hypocrisy is amazing.

Like I said before, I doubt anyone is perfect so be humble, take a deep breath, and let's turn this back to more relevant topics.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: Jim Reynolds - A great American

Thank you Andrew.

I have to agree with Andrew on a couple of points here.

First of all, my interactions with Jim Reynolds have been similar to Andrew's and have found him to be nothing but a man of good character. It is sad that such comments were directed toward him.

In the broader context, regardless of who is involved, there is simply no need for attacks like that to take place here. While we are in favor of the flow of information and really do not like implementing suspensions, I think the time has come where more suspensions will likely be issued in situations involving personal attacks.

In addition, while again unfortunate, we will need to ask that topics here remain related to sports memorabilia. While I understand this is a public forum and some people enjoy the relationships they have found here and would love to discuss other things with forum members, I think these unfortunate experiences have showed us that these "off-topics" have the potential to incite too many unnecessary debates that add no value to the purposes here.

To recap:

1) We ask that topics on the forum stay related to the sports memorabilia industry.

2) We highly recommend that posters think twice before posting comments that can be perceived as an attack on another. If attacks are made they will likely result in suspensions.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    I have to agree with Andrew on a couple of points here.

First of all, my interactions with Jim Reynolds have been similar to Andrew's and have found him to be nothing but a man of good character. It is sad that such comments were directed toward him.

In the broader context, regardless of who is involved, there is simply no need for attacks like that to take place here. While we are in favor of the flow of information and really do not like implementing suspensions, I think the time has come where more suspensions will likely be issued in situations involving personal attacks.

In addition, while again unfortunate, we will need to ask that topics here remain related to sports memorabilia. While I understand this is a public forum and some people enjoy the relationships they have found here and would love to discuss other things with forum members, I think these unfortunate experiences have showed us that these "off-topics" have the potential to incite too many unnecessary debates that add no value to the purposes here.

To recap:

1) We ask that topics on the forum stay related to the sports memorabilia industry.

2) We highly recommend that posters think twice before posting comments that can be perceived as an attack on another. If attacks are made they will likely result in suspensions.
    Well said Chris....and thank you.

I think its a real shame that one member took to questioning my patriotism because I do not believe what they believe politically. A bigger tragedy is that when another member agreed with me, they were subjected to an exhibition of profanity and name calling. Hopefully you were able to delete that before the other members had to read it. I would hope that that member in question is dealt with accordingly for his actions.

It seems here of late that the forum has been filled with off handed comments, whining, name calling, etc. Its really taking the focus away from the fun of GU collecting. I hope that the members can help bring it back in line.

Jim Reynolds

I frequent quite a few message boards and it's pretty obvious when someone is trying to get something fired up. Hell, I've done it to Joel a number of times

So when someone posts "it's a sad day", you know what's coming. And it came. Doesn't matter if Chesley Sullenberger made the post.

And I'm Canadian, so I just watch the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post

It seems here of late that the forum has been filled with off handed comments, whining, name calling, etc. Its really taking the focus away from the fun of GU collecting. I hope that the members can help bring it back in line.

Jim Reynolds
    Uhhh, gee you think??? this forum can be a very hateful place as of late.

Exactly why my posting here as of late is limited...

Apparently there is not any discipline neither....

If mods would start handing out suspensions for rules violations, this would straighten people out quite quickly......

Frik's thread asked a simple question about anyone going to the festivities in DC. It quickly went south.....

Jim, I believe your comment was not called for either, about being a sad day for America. Millions will disagree with you....

Also not called for was the persons who made a comment about you as well.

Lets stick to Game Used.

Since most have forgotten what your mother's should have taught.

Something about if you can't say anything nice.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post

If mods would start handing out suspensions for rules violations, this would straighten people out quite quickly......

Frik's thread asked a simple question about anyone going to the festivities in DC. It quickly went south.....

Jim, I believe your comment was not called for either, about being a sad day for America. Millions will disagree with you....

Lets stick to Game Used.

Agreed,

It was a simple question that had great answers from people around that area until Jim had to invoke his "saddest day on the face of the earth" line. What do you expect to get out of that? Get over yourself, today is a new day.

Lets get back to dirty clothes and sticks of wood!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I frequent quite a few message boards and it's pretty obvious when someone is trying to get something fired up. Hell, I've done it to Joel a number of times

So when someone posts "it's a sad day", you know what's coming. And it came. Doesn't matter if Chesley Sullenberger made the post.

And I'm Canadian, so I just watch the circus.
    I always get called into discussions that have nothing to do with me!

I know all the words to O Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post

Lets stick to Game Used.

Good message!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

There are responses that I'd like to give but in the interest of not having this thread turn into the other thread, I'm just going to leave it alone.