Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do all game used jerseys have wash tags?

Hey All,

I'm holding a Sammy Sosa jersey from his Orioles days. It's the orange on black model they wore on Friday home games in 2006 and has the customary Sosa elastic arm bands. The strip tag says "Authentic Majestic" with a "47" hanging below. The is no wash tag or any sign that there ever was a wash tag. The n.o.b. is not a name plate but individual letters - S - O - S - A. I figure since these jerseys were only worn a couple times they weren't made with all the same specs as a more heavily worn jersey.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Do all game used jerseys have wash tags?

Not all game worn jerseys will have a wash tag. I own a 2003 Charles Johnson Rockies jersey which also doesn't have any wash tag.

Do I trust then that since my friend got it from the O's when he worked there and b/c it has the elastic arm cuffs that it's legit? there is some signs of use and it does feel more light and elastic than a normal authentic retial would. Feel like I should just pick it up b/c it's available.

The Orioles would wear those black alternates on Friday home games (which would be 13 games over the season). I'll have to check but I have a few of those black alternates (common players) and I thought they had wash tags.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    The Orioles would wear those black alternates on Friday home games (which would be 13 games over the season). I'll have to check but I have a few of those black alternates (common players) and I thought they had wash tags.
    Thank you!! Excited to see what you find out. I think the elastic arm band thing is carrying a lot of weight right now since it would be odd to sell a retail authentic with elastic, wouldn't it?

I'm by no means the expert but I'll take the jersey for a few bucks if the guy hit 600+ HR

wash tags only come on majestic jerseys (both game and BP) and majestic has had wash tags on their shirts for a long time; since the 90s.

i'm guessing kyle hess' 2003 rockies jersey doesn't have a wash tag because it's made by russell, not majestic.

sosa only played for the orioles in '05. should an '05 majestic gamer have a wash tag? yes.

the majestic tag has another tag with "47" hanging below it? i've never seen a size 47. 48 yes, but not 47.

post pics of the sosa. front, back, tagging.

rudy.

Pics coming...

Found the 0062 wash tag inside the shirt..... wasn't on the neck line so I freaked out. I would imagine 47 is custom just as the elastic is.

most of the rangers jerseys from players who are traded for or called up lat in the season dont have set tags on them but generally have wash tags.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Pics coming...

Found the 0062 wash tag inside the shirt..... wasn't on the neck line so I freaked out. I would imagine 47 is custom just as the elastic is.
    Can't wait to see the pics. I have never seen a Majestic in an odd # size so a size 47 would be super rare.

I know Sammy had worn size 48 jerseys when he was with the Cubs and they always looked tight on him. Maybe he shed an inch when he went to the Orioles!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Can't wait to see the pics. I have never seen a Majestic in an odd # size so a size 47 would be super rare.

I know Sammy had worn size 48 jerseys when he was with the Cubs and they always looked tight on him. Maybe he shed an inch when he went to the Orioles!!!
    Or maybe when he stopped taking his "Flinstone Vitamins."
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]