Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Ball Park Heroes a reputable source?

I was wondering what kind of reputation Ball Park Heros has. Most of the LOA's from them that I've seen are hand written. Anybody have an opinion on them?

Re: Is Ball Park Heroes a reputable source?

Kim is a VERY reputable dealer..............have no concerns dealing with him!

I don't understand the significance of a hand-written LOA. I suppose it could be easily forged but that's irrelevant if you're purchasing from Kim directly. There are plenty of dealers out there printing out computer-generated LOAs that are selling garbage. Computer-generated LOAs and holograms don't make an item good. They simply make it easier to verify the provenance if you intend on re-selling the item.

As for Ball Park Heroes, I think you'll find most people will say they've got a stellar reputation. Their COAs may seem a bit lacking but it doesn't really matter because Kim knows his stuff and in the end, you're buying the jersey not the COA. In all honesty, Ball Park Heroes is one of the very few dealers (ie: less than 6) that I wouldn't feel hesitant buying from. They're legit through and through.

Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by stew609
    Most of the LOA's from them that I've seen are hand written. Anybody have an opinion on them?
    If you want a nice looking LOA, then see photoshop and Kinko's. If you want quality 100% legit game used sports memorabilia, then see BallPark Heroes!

I too have to throw my hat in the ring- Ball Park Heroes is rock solid!
    Eric

As good as it gets.

Abe

Agreed. I purchased my very first game used jersey from them. Great company, easy to contact, easy to work with. Great seller! Hope to do more business in the future.

Tim Byington

Thanks for all the help. No offense meant about a hand written LOA, it's just not something you see to often, that's why I asked.

Have bought several FB jerseys - rock solid seller. Have an exact photo match on at least 1.

Jack

The reason why a handwritten LOA is notable doesn't necessarily have to do with scarcity, but more with ease of tampering and forgery. It's been mentioned already that an LOA is basically worthless, and those who go out of their way to make a very nice and professional-looking LOA don't make a bad item any more real.

What it comes down to is the fact that it is infinitely more difficult to pick a known dealer/authenticator and forge an entire letter that's handwritten; compare this to being able to forge a signature, logo, or even an embossed seal. I've thought about how I'm going to write letters for what's in my collection (which would reflect the amount of research that goes into each one), and the thought of a handwritten one is appealing based more on the fact that someone forging my particular handwriting is incredibly difficult. No one in my family can even come close to replicating it, and they're related to me. That's not just me either; how many people can forge your personal writing style?