Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Flea market find? Stan Musial model glove

I don't assume that this is a desirable glove, but would still love to know it's approx. collectable value...and also, how to clean it properly?

It is a Rawlings (St. Louis tag) "PMM" "Stan The Man", Autograph model with "The Playmaker" and "Hinged Pad".

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Flea market find? Stan Musial model glove

Sorry..mean't to type that I assume that this ISN'T a desirable glove....but still would like your feedback...thanks!

Flea market find.."Keith Lincoln" Spalding football..team? autographed? Chargers?

Hi...also found this today. Couldn't find a similar ball on line. Is this a late 1960's ball? San Diego Chargers? Many autographs, but each one is quite faded.

Any feedback on the team...and collector's value would be appreciated...thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Flea market find? Stan Musial model glove

It is a nice glove. Heavy leather piping, solid bold patch. Clean it up and it's a $75-$100 glove

Any San Diego Chargers fans/historians out there?

I would love to know more about this Keith Lincoln Spalding ball. Thanks!
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Re: Flea market find.."Keith Lincoln" Spalding football..team? autographed? Chargers?

It's very very hard to make out any of the names. Can you email me anything that looks legible on the ball? I'm at ecky3@aol.com
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

What's the best piece of sports memorabilia you got at a flea market, thrift store or yard sale?

Game Used, cards, photos or publications on the second hand market? Anywhere besides eBay. I've seen eBay listings where sellers say they have found some true relics!

Re: What's the best piece of sports memorabilia you got at a flea market, thrift store or yard sale?

This doesn't count as necessarily a yard sale but when I was a kid I got my 1930's Hayashi Florist and 1937 Kono All-Star Japanese American flannel jerseys when my neighbor was cleaning out her garage. She said I could have whatever I found in there. Also found some old 1957 Topps and a store model Ben Chapman bat.

Banned

Re: What's the best piece of sports memorabilia you got at a flea market, thrift store or yard sale?

I picked up Jorge Posada's game used Yankees helmet at a pawn shop in Miami in October. Incredibly coated with pine tar, still sticky and wet. #20 number on the brim, size 7.5. I have not tried to photo match it because I suck at stuff like that. Don't really have the eye for it. I asked the pawn shop guy about it and he said someone came in with a bunch of Yankee stuff during the summer and all of it had sold but the Posada helmet. I don;t usually have that kind of luck but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
    Sarahsdad

My best find was what introduced me the hobby.. a Hack Wilson game used bat.. I found it in a small trash at an antique mall, along with some other store model bats. They were asking $60, but I talked them down to $50 because of the cracked handle. I had no idea that it was anything other than an interesting old bat, and had no idea of the value, or I would have gladly paid the asking price. Since then, I have found an old Dazzy Vance glove at an antique store (it is apparently a nice find to glove collectors) I sold it for bat money. I have also found some "common" GU bats at flea markets.