Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
Item number:
250366762102 on ebay is cheap.

Are people staying away from that one because the LOA comes from California Sports Investments? Wasn't that the company that got busted selling supposed "game used" bats with trumped up questionable signs of game use? I wonder what % of the stuff they sold was actually legit? Are blue ball marks correct for 2000 National League balls?

The price is right on that bat, if I had confidence in it I'd pull the trigger myself on that one.
I have had a few conversations with several McGwire game used bat experts and pretty much to a man, they questioned the tar patterns on the bat. McGwire bats tend to have a nice app of tar on the lower handle with a gap and then another nice app of tar below, on and in some cases above the centerbrand. This bat is heavily tarred on the centerbrand but shows little or no tar on the lower handle. At least this is the explanation given to me. This bat has been dropping in price over the past few weeks.

In terms of the COA, I know that there have been questions in the past with CSI but like most COA's I essentially consider them garbage one way or another.