Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I'd like to give a big F-U to Historic Auctions....

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    If any bid is placed on any lot in the auction, the whole auction is reset with a new 15 minute clock. This is very common. Your two lots do not need to receive any bids during the first 15 minutes - The auction continues to reset with a new 15 minute clock whenever any bid is placed on any lot in the auction.

I am watching the MEARS auction right now, and I am high bidder on two lots with no bids for over five hours I believe now and I understand that new bids can come in before the final auction ends as this is just how it works most auction houses.
    Ok good, I wasnt the only one. I too was waiting and waiting for my auctions to end. And everytime I refreshed the pages, they would say 6 minutes left......12 minutes left......8 minutes left.

I thought the entended period only counted for those that originally bid on the item prior, and only counted for that particular auction. I didnt realize if someone bid on any item in the whole auction it would restart all items. Thats kinda messed up really.

Re: I'd like to give a big thumbs down to Historic Auctions....

With Hunt auctions, they set an end date. Then they extend the auction based on the number of bids they get, a certain period of time per bid. I dont know if only those people that bid prior can bid again or how that works, but they do extend it beyond the end time.

Banned

Re: I'd like to give a big F-U to Historic Auctions....

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Ok good, I wasnt the only one. I too was waiting and waiting for my auctions to end. And everytime I refreshed the pages, they would say 6 minutes left......12 minutes left......8 minutes left.

I thought the entended period only counted for those that originally bid on the item prior, and only counted for that particular auction. I didnt realize if someone bid on any item in the whole auction it would restart all items. Thats kinda messed up really.
    It is messed up, but they think it is fair to keep the whole damn show going in many auction houses. Besides, we all know there are some concerns about what is going on behind the scenes.