Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdr3
    • Nov 2005

Nats FanFest

Nats fan fest was a great time for all the forum members. Joe G and I hung out by the memorabilia sales area for quite a while. I was able to pick up Manny Acta and Pat St. Clare opening day jerseys with holograms. I tried to talk to Andrew a few times but his booth was always full of customers. The only persons missing were Jim Reynolds and Jason Halliburton.
  • nationals2k9
    • Sep 2008

Re: Nats FanFest

Nice to meet you Jim and thanks to all who picked something up and helped support the Foundation. I think both the Nats staff and hopefully the fans were pleased with this first effort!

-- We're going to contact MLB tomorrow and ask to have the "session date" changed to opening day as it should be... as it stands, only the additional info line mentions the home opener for the game used jerseys.

Comment

• allstarsplus
      • Nov 2005

Jim - It was crazy!!! Sold out of all the game used 2008 baseballs and most of the lower end items.

Congrats on the jerseys as I caught the late afternoon auction and got Zim's Opening Day jersey as well as Elijah Dukes, and 3 of the Coaches jerseys-----so I sold items and bought items!!!
      Regards,
      Andrew Lang
      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
      202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by nationals2k9
        Nice to meet you Jim and thanks to all who picked something up and helped support the Foundation. I think both the Nats staff and hopefully the fans were pleased with this first effort!

-- We're going to contact MLB tomorrow and ask to have the "session date" changed to opening day as it should be... as it stands, only the additional info line mentions the home opener for the game used jerseys.
        Many thanks to Mike who sent over some customers as well as buying some great items for his own collection!!!
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• bubbrubb25
          • Jan 2007

How were the prices?
          http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bubbrubb25
            How were the prices?
            The auction items got crazy on some of the items but the BuyItNow prices were very reasonable---and Nationals2K9 basically set the BuyItNow prices. Considering they sold out of everything the prices mush have been good.

At our table, we sold all the game used baseballs and lower end items such as photos, batting gloves, signature bats, and game used bats below $350.

I expect with all the foot traffic and long lines that some people will be contacting us directly.

I personally spent $2,550 at the Nationals Dream Foundation----all went to their charity.

Final tally on attendence was close to 5,000 as we were told. The first 3 hours was crazy!!!!
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
              • Nov 2005

Here are pics of my new Zim jersey which goes together with my jerseys of the winning pitcher from the Nats, Jon Rauch, and the losing pitcher from the Braves Moylan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2993.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	649120

Name:	IMG_2994.JPG
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	649121

Name:	IMG_2995.JPG
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	649122

Name:	zim_OpeningDay_HR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	649123

Name:	zim_OpeningDay_HR2.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	649124
              Regards,
              Andrew Lang
              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
              202-716-8500

Comment

• spartakid
                • Oct 2008

Sweet jersey, must've set you back a pretty penny being mlb authenticated and such.
                Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                  • Oct 2005

I'm sorry that I had to work and missed this!

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by spartakid
                    Sweet jersey, must've set you back a pretty penny being mlb authenticated and such.
                    Thanks and don't tell my wife. It did and there were 3 of us bidding on a silent auction format. When all the lines on the page were used up I thought I lost and then someone from the Nats added a blank page so I bid again and then a bell went off that signaled the end of the auction so I WON as I was the last bid!!!

I will also get it signed and inscribed. I am surprised the Hall of Fame didn't come calling for it as it was a Historic Home Run. It was the 1st ever Opening Day WALK OFF HR in a new stadium!!!

A couple months ago I bought from the Braves the jersey of the pitcher from the Braves [Moylan] that gave up the HR and I had already owned the jersey of the Nats closer Jon Rauch that was the winning pitcher.

I also got a game used ball from the game and some great photos as luckily I braved the 40 degree temps and stayed the whole game!!!!

Name:	Moylan_2008_jersey.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	649125
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

Here we are at the NatsFest!!!

Sol, Emil (LR Memo) and me (L to R)

Name:	n615506535_1807194_7388.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	649126
                      Photo courtesy of Cathy Taylor
                      MissChatter.com the ultimate Nats Blog

The official website of the Washington Nationals with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• Chris78
                        • Nov 2007

Glad to see that some of you had a great time! Thanks to all for the info that was provided for the event. I decided to go to the Piratefest instead and it was a great experience. Great game used prices, came home with most of the bobbleheads that were given away, got free stuff such as a hat, a shirt, and a visor that were giveaways. Also, got a decent amount of the autograph signers.

Did the Natsfest have freebies such as leftover giveaway items, and also did Ryan Zimmerman autograph at all? My brother forwarded me who was signing and I noticed that he was doing photo opportunities.

Chris

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Chris78
                          Glad to see that some of you had a great time! Thanks to all for the info that was provided for the event. I decided to go to the Piratefest instead and it was a great experience. Great game used prices, came home with most of the bobbleheads that were given away, got free stuff such as a hat, a shirt, and a visor that were giveaways. Also, got a decent amount of the autograph signers.

Did the Natsfest have freebies such as leftover giveaway items, and also did Ryan Zimmerman autograph at all? My brother forwarded me who was signing and I noticed that he was doing photo opportunities.

Chris
                          Yes, Zim did free photos. The giveaways were nothing great but the event was a lot of fun.

George Will did Q&A and so did the Nats brass. Great player interviews. Tours of the clubhouse and BP in the batting cage.

The game used at the Dream Foundation was cheap.
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                            Yes, Zim did free photos. The giveaways were nothing great but the event was a lot of fun.

George Will did Q&A and so did the Nats brass. Great player interviews. Tours of the clubhouse and BP in the batting cage.

The game used at the Dream Foundation was cheap.
                            I was at the Caravan and he didn't sign there. I was told he couldn't "due to contractual obligations".

Comment

• nationals2k9
                              • Sep 2008

Andrew, Jim, etc. - MLB has graciously adjusted all hologram data to reflect the 3/30/08 game date for the Opening Day jerseys!

Comment

Working...