Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nats FanFest

Nats FanFest

Nats fan fest was a great time for all the forum members. Joe G and I hung out by the memorabilia sales area for quite a while. I was able to pick up Manny Acta and Pat St. Clare opening day jerseys with holograms. I tried to talk to Andrew a few times but his booth was always full of customers. The only persons missing were Jim Reynolds and Jason Halliburton.

Re: Nats FanFest

Nice to meet you Jim and thanks to all who picked something up and helped support the Foundation. I think both the Nats staff and hopefully the fans were pleased with this first effort!

-- We're going to contact MLB tomorrow and ask to have the "session date" changed to opening day as it should be... as it stands, only the additional info line mentions the home opener for the game used jerseys.

Jim - It was crazy!!! Sold out of all the game used 2008 baseballs and most of the lower end items.

Congrats on the jerseys as I caught the late afternoon auction and got Zim's Opening Day jersey as well as Elijah Dukes, and 3 of the Coaches jerseys-----so I sold items and bought items!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Nice to meet you Jim and thanks to all who picked something up and helped support the Foundation. I think both the Nats staff and hopefully the fans were pleased with this first effort!

-- We're going to contact MLB tomorrow and ask to have the "session date" changed to opening day as it should be... as it stands, only the additional info line mentions the home opener for the game used jerseys.
    Many thanks to Mike who sent over some customers as well as buying some great items for his own collection!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

How were the prices?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    How were the prices?
    The auction items got crazy on some of the items but the BuyItNow prices were very reasonable---and Nationals2K9 basically set the BuyItNow prices. Considering they sold out of everything the prices mush have been good.

At our table, we sold all the game used baseballs and lower end items such as photos, batting gloves, signature bats, and game used bats below $350.

I expect with all the foot traffic and long lines that some people will be contacting us directly.

I personally spent $2,550 at the Nationals Dream Foundation----all went to their charity.

Final tally on attendence was close to 5,000 as we were told. The first 3 hours was crazy!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Here are pics of my new Zim jersey which goes together with my jerseys of the winning pitcher from the Nats, Jon Rauch, and the losing pitcher from the Braves Moylan.

Name:  IMG_2993.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2994.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2995.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  zim_OpeningDay_HR.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  zim_OpeningDay_HR2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  48.9 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Sweet jersey, must've set you back a pretty penny being mlb authenticated and such.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I'm sorry that I had to work and missed this!

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Sweet jersey, must've set you back a pretty penny being mlb authenticated and such.
    Thanks and don't tell my wife. It did and there were 3 of us bidding on a silent auction format. When all the lines on the page were used up I thought I lost and then someone from the Nats added a blank page so I bid again and then a bell went off that signaled the end of the auction so I WON as I was the last bid!!!

I will also get it signed and inscribed. I am surprised the Hall of Fame didn't come calling for it as it was a Historic Home Run. It was the 1st ever Opening Day WALK OFF HR in a new stadium!!!

A couple months ago I bought from the Braves the jersey of the pitcher from the Braves [Moylan] that gave up the HR and I had already owned the jersey of the Nats closer Jon Rauch that was the winning pitcher.

I also got a game used ball from the game and some great photos as luckily I braved the 40 degree temps and stayed the whole game!!!!

Name:  Moylan_2008_jersey.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  60.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500