Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mears Auction Story - WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.3000 View Post
    Anyone have a link to the Mears For Sale site? I only come up with the auction site.

Thanks.
    http://www.mearsonline.com/forsale/
    You can see my entire Clemson Tigers collection here with over 30 items.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a83...eys/?start=all

SamFinley@charter.net

Sounds like top notch service to me. Setting a new standard. Items being shipped before payment? WOW. MEARS velvet bags for the bats? THATS VERY COOL. Handing out vouchers for a simple mistake? another plus. Way to go MEARS! Your future looks brighter. Keep up the good work.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by mears View Post
    This was simply a case of the need for an improvement of inventory control, not a sinister attempt at driving the price of a $50.00 jersey to $55.00. There were no winning bidders, just several high bidders. At the time, I was concerned that somebody much like the poster metsmetsmets would assume there were alterior motives behind the auction ending early....

One final word directed to metsmetsmets. If you have any future questions about MEARS or our auctions, call me direct at 414 828 9990. Your post took the situation in the worst possible case, and this just wasn't accurate or fair to me or our company.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Kinunen
    MEARS
    So it seems that you made an honest mistake. It's good to hear that and thanks for responding. Nobody's infallible, I suppose. Not even me.

However, my original post was was fair and reasonable, given the specific information that I was responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by mears View Post
    One final word directed to metsmetsmets. If you have any future questions about MEARS or our auctions, call me direct at 414 828 9990. Your post took the situation in the worst possible case, and this just wasn't accurate or fair to me or our company.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Kinunen
    MEARS
    Aint that the truth. I personally didnt see a problem with it in the first place! It was a mistake, they fixed it by giving it a $55 credit to a future auction. I'd say thats pretty darn good service.

I'd also like to add that every time I email Mears about an item/s, Troy or someone from the Mears team emails me very quickly! Troy is very nice and sincere in his emails and even provides me LOA's for items. Good service all around!

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Aint that the truth. I personally didnt see a problem with it in the first place! It was a mistake, they fixed it by giving it a $55 credit to a future auction. I'd say thats pretty darn good service.

I'd also like to add that every time I email Mears about an item/s, Troy or someone from the Mears team emails me very quickly! Troy is very nice and sincere in his emails and even provides me LOA's for items. Good service all around!
    I sense a little friction here about my original post. My post was perfectly reasonable given the information I was working with. I don't see how a voucher would fix things if, for example, I specifically wanted the jersey I had won. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have the jersey instead of extra packing peanuts.

I've read Mears explanation, which was posted after my post (not before), and their mistake appears to have been made in good faith.

Nope, no friction. I was stating in general the situation at hand, and I had no problem with the way it was handled.

I hope the 1978/79 Chris Chambliss yankee bat they have on their for sale section makes it into one of their future auctions.

I got my bat today too. Paid $55 for it and it came in the black bag, inside a bat tube, inside a box which also contained bubble wrap to keep the tube from sliding inside the box.

Kudos to MEARS. I was floored by the effort and I will absolutely buy from them again.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Mistakes happen... and like I said in my original post, here is a group that to me has gone above and beyond in making up for it...

I doubt there are many places that would do what they have done...

I will DEFINATELY being doing business with them again

thanks Troy...
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com