Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Re: OT: Manny Ramirez: 'No one wants to sign me'

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Chris, you are right. I didn't dig very deep. I simply copied an article that was posted on MLB.com that I assumed to be accurate. I read this article a couple of days ago, so I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong in your post. You posted several words in bold print to imply strongly that they cannot sign Manny. I didn't mean to come off self righteous, but found them inaccurate. If it wasn't a possibility, I also thought that more in the mainstream baseball analytical world would've been talking about that the Yankees couldn't sign him if that were the case. Sorry, should've explained in more words, than just said, "wrong".

John
    John -

We're all good... it's baseball! We're supposed to get heated if we're passionate about it... right?

My Apologies as well...

All the best -

Chris

P.S. - don't you find it strange though the both Bloom and Manfred have both been quoted (within the a few days of each quote even) of having stated the situation to be BOTH ways???

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Something is missing here. Why would Cashman say they wouldn't pursue Manny if by rule he couldn't any way?

Wouldn't he say, we are out of Free Agent options so we can't pursue Manny?
    Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    I don't know what is right. But I was reading the article on mlb.com that I posted a link to after reading on GUU that the Yanks were out of options.

So what is correct???

Could the Yanks try and sign MR if they wanted to???
    I believe the article I copied from MLB.com is the latest clarification. I read the same thing referenced in the Boston Globe also. I posted to Chris the very thing that you mentioned, Andrew, only looking from the view of the baseball analysts to comment. Between MLB Network, SI, and ESPN baseball analysts, someone would have brought up the fact they were out of options if they were. I agree, Cashman would have said the same thing I would assume. Camaro, yes, the Yanks could sign him if they wanted to, but would have to make room. I heard that they're still wanting to trade Swisher and Nady.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    John -

We're all good... it's baseball! We're supposed to get heated if we're passionate about it... right?

My Apologies as well...

All the best -

Chris

P.S. - don't you find it strange though the both Bloom and Manfred have both been quoted (within the a few days of each quote even) of having stated the situation to be BOTH ways???
    Thanks, Chris. I wonder if the articles you referenced may have caused the office of MLB to clarify the ruling, thus the later article on MLB.com?

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Thanks, Chris. I wonder if the articles you referenced may have caused the office of MLB to clarify the ruling, thus the later article on MLB.com?
    John -

No Problem. And yes, that could be the case. Maybe they felt they got caught with their pants down.

- Chris