Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

OT: Manny Ramirez: 'No one wants to sign me'

Manny Ramirez: 'No one wants to sign me'
    That's what the slugger's friend Albert Pujols says Ramirez told him. Pujols wants Cardinals to get in the process

Associated Press

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic -- Albert Pujols is encouraging the St. Louis Cardinals to sign Manny Ramirez.

The Cardinals slugger, who won his second NL MVP award in November, acknowledged the team might not have enough money to land the free-agent outfielder

"I speak with Manny every three days and he tells me, 'Man, no one wants to sign me,' Pujols said today during a news conference. "I'm not an agent or general manager, but I can't understand how Manny has not signed."

Pujols passed along Ramirez's telephone number to St. Louis manager Tony La Russa.

"Maybe St. Louis doesn't have the money to sign him, but he could give them a discount because St. Louis is a great city that supports its players," Pujols said.

Pujols plans to play for the Dominican Republic in the upcoming World Baseball Classic. He is coming off surgery on his right elbow.

"I'll represent the Dominican Republic while I'm healthy," he said. "The only thing that can stop me is if I feel any discomfort."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

rudy.

Re: OT: Manny Ramirez: 'No one wants to sign me'

The Cardinals cant afford anyone. They like to pick their starting lineup from the scrap heap every year, and the great local media sells it to the fans as a "great pickup". They have a large fan base, and have no problem selling tickets. They just have a problem spending some of that money on some players.

Torii Hunter was on a local radio station and said he had a few sources that said to not be surprised if the Manny ends up in an Angels uniform. Here's to wishful thinking!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

I hope no one signs him!

But as long as team keep paying players HUGE contracts like CC, AROD, Texiera and so on. The players will demand big bucks.

It would be cool if Manny sits out because no one will pay him the money.

Any bets the Yankees sign him?????

Who has the biggest contract? Arod?

I know CC has the biggest contract for a pitcher...
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

The Dodgers offered Ramirez a contract and he turned it down. That throws out the "No one wants to sign me" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    I hope no one signs him!
    I know it is too much to dream, but wouldn't it be nice if no team signed him.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Did Manny turn the Dodgers down, or was it Scott Boras?

Mark

Ned Colletti and Scott Boras are in a starring contest. Once someone flinches, he'll end up in a Dodger uniform. No one else has the money to sign him and Boras is starting to sound like a used car salesman by saying "I've had many people looking at it. You better pick it up before someone else does!"

Let's see what we have here. ManRam who didn't hide the fact that all he wanted was the most money he can get (remember his "price of oils going up" comment) represented by Boras who is the epitome of agent greed.

Well since then the economys down, the price of oil is down and so will the price of Manny's next contract.

Maybe Pujols can share some of his big contract $$ with Manny to help the Cardinals sign him.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I, too, as a lifelong Red Sox fan, would love to see that jughead go unsigned, but can you say: accusations of collusion? Could that be a predictable outcome?