Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Final Shea Goodbye

Could not have said it better myself ..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Re: Final Shea Goodbye

This was the reason I changed focus on my collection..It was the late 70's when my father started teaching me about the Mets telling me all about the team from 69 and 73 the Tom Seaver trade.Me and my brother spent hours watching those god awful teams in the late 70's and 80's on Channel 9 Kiners Korner.And there was nothing sweeter than the 3 of us watching the ball roll through Buckners legs in 86 and the Mets winning it all in Game 7..Tom Seaver coming back to Shea in 83 watching Dwight Gooden take the league by storm in 84..My father was sick he had cancer was diagnosed in April 2000..My only wish was him seeing the Mets win it all 1 more time but they fell short.While I sulked he sat there and said at least they got there and there was always next year.He was gone the following April.I cheerish all the memories with him so as with my brother who never seen Mike Piazza as a Mets he passed away May of 98.But I still have the last ticket stub from our last game at Shea together and that means more to me than any world series ticket..So you guys are right the memories will last a lifetime and no one can take them away from me..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com