Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Make me feel better?

Well, I guess we'll get to see what the fair market value of one of his jerseys is at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Santonio-Ho...1%7C240%3A1309

Started at a $9.99 bid with no reserve.

If you feel terrible, bid on the one on eBay. Would you feel you got a steal at $1000?

If you just wanted to flip, this auction will answer all your questions. Sadly if it goes for $4000, I will feel terrible for you. Better yet, if it sells for $600 you should feel fabulous!

Yup. No doubt, this will end all speculation on my part. In about a week, I'll have my answer as to how big of a moron I am.

If it goes for anything more than $2,000, I might have to cry a little bit. But I promise I'll do it when nobody is watching.

gingi79,

To answer your question, I never wanted the jersey for my own collection. I know it's horrible to say, but this just seemed like one of those unique situations (at least for me), where I thought I had found a way to make a nice profit in a short amount of time.

So, I can't imagine anybody is going to feel too bad for me.....unless the jersey really does go for $4,000.

OK. If you all don't mind, I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    True you probably cost yourself a buck or two in the short term. But the really idiots are the ones paying 3-6,000 for the jersey. A year from now nobody will remember Holmes or what he did in the Super Bowl and won't be able to get 1,000 for the jersey. J.O. is the real winner. We live in a right now world and a month from now his jerseys will be back to the normal inflated price of 1,500.00. Ofcourse Im a little bias, as a Rams fan was pulling for Kurt to get another ring
    I was pulling for Kurt too, but I disagree with your analysis. Considering that Steelers jerseys are regarded as some of the most difficult to source, that the majority of the JO inventory had the interesting 75th anniversary team patch on them, and that Holmes made one of the greatest plays in what many are calling the greatest SB ever, I'd say that $1500 was a steal for one of his GU jerseys.

I bet the Holmes jersey on EBay goes for below $1,500. Also, the GUU store is selling a 2007 Holmes gamer for $2K (as of last night). If somebody thinks the price of Holmes jerseys is going to reach and stabalize at over $2500, they should get the one on GUU, before the price gets raised again.

Due to past Superbowl MVPs like Larry Brown (Cowboys), Mark Rypian (Redskins), Deion Branch, ect., I think $1500 is too much to pay, unless you're a die-hard Steelers fan and aren't buying for investment purposes.

Mr.3000

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    I bet the Holmes jersey on EBay goes for below $1,500. Also, the GUU store is selling a 2007 Holmes gamer for $2K (as of last night). If somebody thinks the price of Holmes jerseys is going to reach and stabalize at over $2500, they should get the one on GUU, before the price gets raised again.

Due to past Superbowl MVPs like Larry Brown (Cowboys), Mark Rypian (Redskins), Deion Branch, ect., I think $1500 is too much to pay, unless you're a die-hard Steelers fan and aren't buying for investment purposes.

Direct link? I don't see it.

I just checked for it and it appears to have been removed or purchased. The original price had been $1500, before it was bumped to $2,000.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    I just checked for it and it appears to have been removed or purchased. The original price had been $1500, before it was bumped to $2,000.
    What? It's still there. If you were one of the guys who called JO sports and paid xxx amount of dollars for it, you have to protect your investment so how can you let the jersey sell for anything less than what you paid for it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Santonio-Ho...QQcmdZViewItem

cohibasmoker- I'm not sure what you're referring to. I checked the GUU Store site again and the Holmes they had for $1500 and raised to $2000 is no longer there. The EBay jersey (which could be the one from GUU) is still for sale and is currently at $305. Who knows what it'll fetch, but if the over/under is $1500, my dime is on the under,,,