Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What's a Houston Oilers with 75th NFL patch worth (pics included!)

Outlaw,

Glad I could help, but I wish I knew more about the Oilers jerseys from 1994. All I can tell you is don't put too much stock into the differences between the jerseys. Patch placement wasn't always consistent. I haven't seen many examples, so I'm not sure if most of the jerseys had twill number or screened on numbers in 1994. It could be that my jersey had twill placed over the screened-on numbers because it was going to be used again the next season. It could also be that your jersey was from the previous season and hadn't been finished by having twill numbers applied. My collection is mostly Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys jerseys, so I am by no means an Oiler expert. Hopefully the player will be able to clear some things up. Please let us know what he says. I am most likely going to try to sell the jersey that I posted pictures of in order to purchase more Titans jerseys, I'll let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloving77 View Post
    Outlaw,

Glad I could help, but I wish I knew more about the Oilers jerseys from 1994. All I can tell you is don't put too much stock into the differences between the jerseys. Patch placement wasn't always consistent. I haven't seen many examples, so I'm not sure if most of the jerseys had twill number or screened on numbers in 1994. It could be that my jersey had twill placed over the screened-on numbers because it was going to be used again the next season. It could also be that your jersey was from the previous season and hadn't been finished by having twill numbers applied. My collection is mostly Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys jerseys, so I am by no means an Oiler expert. Hopefully the player will be able to clear some things up. Please let us know what he says. I am most likely going to try to sell the jersey that I posted pictures of in order to purchase more Titans jerseys, I'll let you know what happens.
    I will let you know what happens if I'm fortunate enough to hear from Mr. Jeffires. I found it interesting your jersey has twill numbers sewn over screened on numbers. Maybe the Oilers recycled jerseys from previous seasons. Hopefully if I dig enough all the answers will come. I had to research a hockey jersey once for 8 months to prove it was worn in the NHL playoffs. Sooner or later all the answers will be found.

This research just gets weirder and weirder. I've found football cards from 1994 sets wearing both 84 and 80 and also 1995 cards of him wearing both 84 and 80. This card from 1994 on the back it shows screened on numbers, which means the jersey on the card was worn in 1993 if I'm correct. It's missing the NFL shield on the neck and the white Wilson w's on the shoulders. At least it shows he wore a jersey at one time with screened on numbers.

I forgot to link the card I found
    back of card http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...ywood_Jeffires

front of card http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards...ywood_Jeffires

I'd say the front of the card and the back of the card are two different jerseys he's wearing. To me the picture on the front looks like he's wearing sewn down numbers.

Banned

Would you be interested in moving this jersey?....

The 75th Patch stuck out to me also. I have one (another team/player) that is sewn below the seam.