Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: wearing your sports memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Really???? Well hopefully if you sell you be honest and you mention you wore it also.
    Yes I did

Even if I were to sell it one day, I doubt it would pull in that much anyway

Its not like I wore a Babe Ruth jersey around
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Yes I did

on that note here is a hypothetical for you guys... The ruth gamer that Boomer bought and wore during a Yanks game a few years back, do you think that increased, decreased or didn't affect the price of that hat??

I've got a late 80s Sixers warmup jacket that I've worn on a couple of occasions. By the looks of the markered tag, it's been more by a few players. I have no intention of selling it, but I doubt that me wearing it a couple of times would hurt the value if I sold it. Not exactly a big ticket item.

I see gamers being sold on here for considerably less than the retail price of a M&N replica. There's game worn stuff that fetches 6 figures and game worn stuff you can give away. Obviously, some stuff is 'wearable', some stuff is not.

I might be alone on this one but I most definitely would/did but hear me out......

I started collecting sneakers in '89 and have been a Griffey fan just as long. I acquired a pair of Griffey-Issued Nike sneakers and I'm very proud to say that I have worn them a couple times.

By the way, first post.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Where is your evidence? Why should we believe your assertion?
    Did you know that American Memorabilia has a catalog available on the Vegas "strip"?

Today, 03:41 PM
    OaklandAsFan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chakes89
    Yes I did

on that note here is a hypothetical for you guys... The ruth gamer that Boomer bought and wore during a Yanks game a few years back, do you think that increased, decreased or didn't affect the price of that hat??
    In the case of the Ruth hat the Wells wore, I would say it decreased the value, but not as much as it would have if Boomer's son wore it in a high school game. The publicity surrounding Wells and his wearing the hat does seem to have some historical significance. I would prefer my game worn items not to have been used by others, but if the Ruth hat was documented as being the one Wells wore, I would have less of an issue with that. Of course, at that point, I would consider it as a game worn Ruth hat, also worn by Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Did you know that American Memorabilia has a catalog available on the Vegas "strip"?
    Now there's a non sequitur.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Now there's a non sequitur.
    Actually, my quote is on topic and has everything to do with this thread. American Memorabilia used models to "pose" in baseball artifacts. Just do a search on this forum.

Where is your evidence? Why should we believe your assertion?
    www.gamewornjerseys.com
    www.gameworn.net

Both of these sites deal with mostly game worn hockey but the majority of the members claim to wear their jerseys at one time or another.

Also, every game I have been to in recent memory has had fans wearing obvious game worn jerseys. So much so that I have began talking about jerseys and collecting with different people at random.

The pregame show for the Super Bowl had a kid wearing a game worn Giants jersey in the background behind Jimmie Johnson. I know it was game worn because he had two tremendous bubbles on the shoulders where they had once covered pads. I'm betting there is video of it on youtube.

In the 15 years since I started collected jerseys (replica to authentic to game worn as my cash flow and their availability increased) I have seen a tremendous influx of people with easy access to game worn materials wearing them publicly. With the easy access, less and less collectors are getting these shirts and putting them away or simply displaying them and more and more of them are showing up at Games.

Here is my little story. My friend got a Yankees game worn pinstripe jersey from the early 80's on eBay for $100 including shipping. Someone posted in this thread that there are many game worn jerseys available cheaper than M&N. I will take that one step further. MLB jerseys of star players are available for $200. Everyone has a Yankees Jeter jersey at the Stadium. Only one guy has a game worn 1980's #33 jersey though and it cost half the price of the Jeter authentic. The prices have become so low and there are so many game worns available that they are become the more economic choice for many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    www.gamewornjerseys.com
    www.gameworn.net

Both of these sites deal with mostly game worn hockey but the majority of the members claim to wear their jerseys at one time or another.

Also, every game I have been to in recent memory has had fans wearing obvious game worn jerseys. So much so that I have began talking about jerseys and collecting with different people at random.
    Those are definitely hockey sites, devoid of information about Major League Baseball. I would really like to know how many of you here have actually worn a game-used jersey. I guess I understand if you try it on once, but to actually wear it kind of ruins the value, especially for me. I don't want a jersey that my Mom had her last hot flash in. I want a jersey worn by a Houston Astros player only.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408