Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

My Day with Craig Dahl of The NY Giants and Thoughts on the Number of Game Issued Jerseys

Today Craig Dahl stopped by my office to sign the game jerseys of his that I have and talk about the whole experience including the Super Bowl. He said it was amazing how much equipment that they have there. Reebok must just back the truck up and dropped off a ton of everything. He did however say that he thinks there was only one of each jersey for him and the other lesser known players. He knew Eli wore a new jersey every game, but as far as he knew between the two of us we had ALL the Giants jerseys he ever wore. To the best of his knowledge, there was a blue and a white London silkscreen jersey of which I have the blue and he has the white. They used the white in the game and blue for practice over the week. He said he has his blue regular season jersey and I have his white and he has the alternate red that they only wore in one game. He did not play in the Super Bowl, so I think these are the only 5 jerseys he wore. My white has MAJOR repair marks, so I believe it was well used. So, do you think maybe that some of the lesser known players don't have multiple jersey made for them while an AP has 20 or so made? Let me know your thoughts. He is fairly sure he only ever wore one of each jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Banned

Re: My Day with Craig Dahl of The NY Giants and Thoughts on the Number of Game Issued Jerseys

sweet jersey's and I enjoyed your post.

Re: My Day with Craig Dahl of The NY Giants and Thoughts on the Number of Game Issued Jerseys

Very cool. Thanks for sharing! Do you know him? How did you arrange the visit?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Craig played football for NDSU from 2004-2007. In 2007 he signed with the Giants as a free agent and not only made the team but due to injury started some games. He then blew out his right ACL late in the season and was released by the Giants at the end of the season (after collecting his Super Bowl ring ). They brought him back in the following season 2008 (last season) and during the preseason he blew out his right ACL. Craig never finished his last semester of school spring of 07 because he was working out in preparation for the NFL. He decided to come back this spring and finish his last semester. I had heard this from the other players so I called him up and asked if he could stop by after class someday, especially after I acquired the 2nd jersey. That day was today. Just for the record, one of my other students, Joe Mays of the Eagles, believes that he only had one of each jersey all season as well. Craig says Coughlin still thinks highly of him and he hopes to get another shot this summer.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

That's really cool!

Did you get to see his Super Bowl Ring?
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.